This individual will be responsible for teaching Kinesiology & Wellness courses in the Kinesiology & Wellness department with duties as listed below and in accordance with the Laredo College Manual of Policy and the Faculty Procedures Manual.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Teach assigned courses in your discipline by preparing lecture and laboratory materials and activities,which result in demonstrated student achievement.
2. Develop, evaluate and revise course objectives and syllabi to ensure instructional quality.Develop activities and participate in developing analysis & reports of curriculum activities related to kinesiology & wellness courses (both core and non-core courses).
3. Make every effort to provide a safe learning environment for the students and be responsible for the security of equipment, materials,activity areas, and classrooms.
4. Provide students with timely evaluation of their progress and with educational assistance within assigned courses including
tutoring,referral to available student support services,and by acting as an educational resource for students.
5. Provide timely and accurate information and/or reports throughout the semester and at the end of each semester to the Registration Office and departmental office.This includes final exam and course grades,grade records, attendance records grade distributions,copies of final exams, competency analysis,etc.
6. Meet all assigned classes on time in the assigned rooms and be available to students 15 minutes before class,except between classes when teaching back-to-back classes, and 15 minutes after class.
7. Teach day, evening,weekend,distance learning courses, Duals, at either campus,off-campus and/or out-of-town courses as
8. Keep current with changes and advances in the fields of kinesiology,technology,and pedagogy and incorporate these into the appropriate teaching areas.
9. Attend meetings called by the College Department Chairperson.
10. Substitute for colleagues when necessary.
11. Follow the approved academic calendar and exam schedules.
12. Participate in the procedures of evaluation of courses by students and by supervisors.
13. Promote the college’s programs and curricula.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the College President,Provost/VPAA,Dean, or Department Chairperson.
Position Reports To
A Master’s Degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in a field of Kinesiology. For activity classes (non-lecture based),appropriate certification and/or work experience is required.
Some experience in teaching, preferably at the community and/or senior college level is desirable.
Certificates/Licenses and Skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must be knowledgeable,mature,and concerned with the academic progress of students. The individual must be cooperative and professional in dealing with college administrators, colleagues, and students. The ability to operate specialized laboratory equipment, audio-visual aids,and computers, and the ability to develop laboratory and lecture strategies to enhance teaching effectiveness are essential.
Walking, standing, lifting, carrying, and bending.
Required to lift items weighing 20 pounds.
Must be able to participate in activities taught.
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Work-inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties. May be required to work outside regular working hours, as needed. May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo Community College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please ensure that you remove/hide all personal information from any attachments that you upload into the system. This includes social security number and date of birth.
Requesting hiring departments will have access to your application and will contact you directly with specific job details should a position become available.