Provide instruction and monitor teaching/learning effectiveness in courses assigned by the Department Chairperson. with the approval of the Dean of College of Readiness.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Teach Student Success courses.
2. Attend Convocation week STSC faculty training.
3. On the first day, prepare and distribute departmental syllabus which informs students in writing about course requirements as to absences, tardiness, testing, assignments, and grading policies.
4. Inform students of their progress by promptly returning assignments. quizzes. examinations, projects.
5. Compile, administer, and grade instruments that evaluate student progress.
6. Maintains attendance logs while keeping students’ confidentiality.
7. Encourage the use of the library, the tutoring center, the counseIing center and other supportive services.
8. Counsel students and notify student or counselors of frequent absences, failures. or necessary make-up work.
9. Meet all assigned classes on time in the assigned classrooms and be available to students.
10. Follow procedures related to the registrar’s office, including grade reports and deadlines, attendance record reports, withdrawal deadlines. mid-semester progress reports. and the like.
11. Promote college programs and curricula.
12. Substitute for colleagues when necessary.
13. Provide a safe environment for students and be responsible for the security of assigned equipment, materials, and classrooms.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by the Student Success Coordinator.
15. Ability to work at both Fort Mcintosh and LCC South campuses.
Position Reports To
Department Chair & Dean of College of Readiness
Certificates/Licenses and Skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Be knowledgeable. mature, and concerned with the academic progress of students.
Be cooperative and professional in dealing with college administrators, colleagues, and students.
Ability to provide service to a diverse population, to operate specialized equipment, audio-visual aids, and to develop student-centered strategies to enhance teaching effectiveness.
STSC Instructor is required to attend all STSC faculty trainings.
Walking, standing, lifting, carrying, and bending.
Required to lift items weighing 20 pounds.
Inside Work-in a well-lighted and air conditioned area most of the time.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Other duties may be assigned by immediate supervisor. May be required to work outside regular working hours. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo Community College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please ensure that you remove/hide all personal information from any attachments that you upload into the system. This includes social security number and date of birth.
Requesting hiring departments will have access to your application and will contact you directly with specific job details should a position become available.