The Executive Director, Institutional Effectiveness and Educational Services reports to the Vice Chancellor of Information Technology and Institutional Effectiveness at the District Office. This is a full time, 12 months per year, management position.
Under general direction of the Vice Chancellor of Information Technology and Institutional Effectiveness or assigned administrator, the Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Educational Services is responsible for managing district-wide research, strategic planning, program review of district services, data governance, educational support services, and related Board Policies and Administrative Procedures. The position serves as a district leader and advocate for data-informed decision-making and provides official data sources and statistical analyses for planning, evaluation, and reporting purposes and provides end-user support. This position provides district-wide leadership and coordination for implementing state and federal requirements related to student success.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Educational Services provides leadership for district-wide research, strategic planning, program review of district services, data governance, educational support services, and related Board Policies and Administrative Procedures. The incumbent works directly with the colleges to enhance research efforts, support educational services, provide accreditation support, and lead progress toward new initiatives by providing guidance, end-user support and working collaboratively to ensure District goals and objectives are achieved. The incumbent serves as the primary district contact for relevant reports to state/federal agencies, Board of Trustees, district-wide planning and evaluation and serves as the accreditation liaison to the colleges.DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversee institutional effectiveness and educational services for district-wide research, district-wide strategic planning, program review of district services, data governance, educational support services, and related Board Policies and Administrative Procedures.
2. Prioritize district-wide research projects and requests; establish and maintain data governance, data standards, data protection, data validation, and data integrity for district-wide data sources and reports.
3. Collaborate with Information Technology Support and Services (ITSS) for developing the data warehouse and standardized reporting and analytics tools. Ensure that reports are valid, relevant, accessible, and meet the needs of administrators, faculty, and staff. Provide end-user support.
4. Develop and maintain Board Policies and Administrative Procedures pertaining to Institutional Effectiveness and Educational Services. Provide support for the College Catalogs.
5. Chair the District Institutional Effectiveness Committee to facilitate district-wide dialog for research, planning, and data governance. Regularly evaluate the committee processes and outcomes for continuous improvement.
6. In collaboration with colleges and constituency groups, lead and direct the development of the District Strategic Priorities and track progress.
7. Develop and deliver written and oral presentations on the findings, results, implications and recommendations for student outcomes, student service programs, instructional programs, state initiatives, district-wide performance goals, and Board Ends Policies, etc.
8. Oversee the annual program review process for district-wide services.
9. Oversee the administration of district-wide surveys and reports. Provide leadership of district-wide survey management efforts to ensure proper focus on institutional priorities and increase data quality, security and validity.
10. Oversee the timely submissions of official state and federal reports to various agencies.
11. Provide leadership for identifying new sources of data and analytics to drive innovation. Collaboratively share research and data resources with college researchers. Foster a culture that values data integrity, data analytics, and data-informed decision-making.
12. Serve as the district accreditation liaison to the colleges for district-wide services and governance. Provide leadership and support for the district portions of the college accreditation self-studies, site visits, and follow-up activities.
13. Use statistical and planning software and models, including the data warehousing and client server database procedures for research and planning
14. Develop and administer the department budget and ancillary budgets; coordinate and supervise all aspects of the annual budget development and expenditures.
15. Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; interview and participate in selecting employees; orient, train, counsel, and discipline personnel according to established policies and procedures.
16. Select and oversee vendors, consultants, and contractors as needed for the development of related research, reports, and resources.
17. Perform related duties as assigned.EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS
1. The education process, instruction, role of faculty, curriculum, student services, student learning outcomes and accreditation standards.
2. Research and planning methods and techniques with both qualitative and quantitative statistical processes.
3. Implementing data governance, enterprise data catalogs, presentation layer, and end-user support.
4. Software and models including current technical aspects of data mining, information management and other related web-based technologies.
5. Computer software associated with research, such as spreadsheet, statistical software, data warehousing, databases, inter/intranet, operating systems and networks, etc.
6. The California Education Code and Title V regulations.
7. The California State Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative.
8. Planning principles, especially in relation to higher education.
9. Budget preparation and control.
10. External data reporting.
11. Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated leadership in the integration and coordination of planning and strategy implementation to promote collaboration and innovation across the district.
2. Demonstrated leadership in developing and overseeing programs for strategic planning, institutional effectiveness, data warehousing, data governance, accreditation studies, program review and institutional accountability.
3. Demonstrated abilities to develop and maintain internal and external relationships through participation in meetings, committees, task forces, and other related groups to communicate relevant information and represent the district.
4. Ability to communicate data driven decisions in an accessible and engaging manner.
5. Prepare analytical reports and recommendations.
6. Interpret, apply and explain plans, research findings, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
7. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships; make presentations to large and small groups.
8. Organize and chair meetings, lead workshops, facilitate group discussions, and involve faculty and staff in idea generation, goal setting, and decision making.
9. Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate personnel.
10. Develop and manage multiple budgets.
11. Plan and organize work to meet schedules and time lines.