Position TitleOffice Associate, Workforce & Professional Development Institute
College of Lake County is looking for a full-time Office Associate. This full-time position provides standard and advanced customer service support to Workforce & Professional Development Institute (Professional Development, Talent Development Services & SBDC/ITC), with an emphasis on supporting Professional Development programs and classes. It requires experience, the use of discretion, customer service skills, extensive phone time and knowledge of college and departmental policies and procedures. This position is under the supervision of the Marketing & Customer Service Specialist.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent
2. 1-2 years’ experience in a clerical office setting required.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to keep up in a fast-paced work environment.
5. Ability to communicate effectively with varying levels of staff and external agencies.
6. Ability to sit continuously and walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist, lift (0-50+ lbs), carry (0-50+ lbs), and push (0-300 lbs) occasionally.
7. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Associate’s degree preferred.
2. Previous higher education setting experience.
Expected Start Date10/28/2019
Pay Rate$15.17 hourly
Total Hours per week40.00
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Software Testing RequiredExcel, MS Word, Outlook
Interview Process RequirementsNone
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V