Position TitleSenior Research Analyst (Assessment)
DepartmentResearch, Assessment and Effectiveness
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Hiring Salary Range$78,039 - $85,842/Annually
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
The Senior Research Analyst is responsible for advancing the assessment operation of the Research, Assessment, and Effectiveness office by training and advising administrators and staff on institutional assessment and effectiveness. Serves as liaison between Research, Assessment, and Effectiveness and the Office of Professional and Organizational Development. Serve as contact for the design of training modules and materials related to assessment and institutional effectiveness. The Senior Research Analyst is also responsible for managing large-scale data collection processes, conducting data analysis, and presenting oral and written reports tailored to different audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or related field required. Master’s degree in social science or related field preferred.
- Two years of experience in the area of learning outcomes assessment, institutional effectiveness, and program evaluation at a post-secondary institution.
- Demonstrated experience using digital platforms to support outcomes assessment.
- Experience teaching in higher education preferred.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Trains and advises administrators, faculty, and staff on institutional effectiveness and assessment in collaboration with the Office of Professional and Organizational Development.
- Develops training materials on goal creation, assessment design, and data interpretation and usage.
- Advises areas and units on the wording and scope of annual objectives, the selection of valid and reliable metrics, and the appropriate use and interpretation of data.
- Oversees large-scale data collection projects requiring collaboration with deans and chairs, training of survey administrators, and coordination across multiple locations
- Presents oral and written reports tailored to different audiences and collaborates with other staff to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Leads collaborative, multi-stage, mixed-methods research to assist with the assessment of the College’s Strategic Plan.
- Participates as a member of the Institutional Effectiveness (IE) Committee.
- Supports faculty with the review of assessment materials on the Teaching and Learning Assessment Committee (TLAC).
- Guides and Mentors research analysts on internal and external resources in the areas of institutional research, institutional effectiveness, and accreditation.
- Trains research analysts on expectations for data integrity and the use of data analysis software, programming tools and/or the College’s assessment management system.
- Provides feedback to research analysts on their research, reports, and presentations.
- Performs merges, modifications, and edits to data files as needed for analysis.
- Analyzes results, including frequencies, cross-tabulations, means tables, multivariate analysis, and tests of statistical significance.
- Uses the College’s data, business intelligence, and reporting systems to extract data for ongoing projects.
- Prepares visual displays of data.
- Responsible for complying with all required College mandated training within the prescribed timelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.
Is Background Check Required?Yes
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants who apply before November 8, 2019 will be given first consideration.
A background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.