Animation Instructor, Part-Time
- Rio Hondo College
- Location: Whittier, California
- Posting Date: 06/05/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Animation Instructor, Part-Time
Faculty Part Time Pool
Not to exceed 60%
As Needed - This is to establish a pool for future part-time teaching positions.
Dependent upon academic background and educational experience. Please visit our website at http://www.riohondo.edu/hr/hr-documents/ to see the faculty salary schedule.
Open Until Filled
Possession of a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent foreign degree, plus two years of professional experience directly related to the faculty members assignment
Possession of an Associate degree, or equivalent foreign degree, plus six years of professional experience directly related to the faculty member’s assignment
A valid California Community College Credential authorizing service in the appropriate subject matter
Demonstrate a sensitivity to, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Assignment may include teaching courses as assigned during day and evening hours. Have a commitment to professional excellence and continuous growth in the fields of teaching. Other professional responsibilities and activities normally expected of members of community college faculty as described by Board Policies and the California Education code.
Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an Evaluation Service prior to the closing date. Certification must be attached with copies of transcripts.
Applications are now being accepted to develop a list of qualified candidates for Animation Instructor, Part-Time.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. PT on the closing date.
Applicants must submit a complete online application that includes the items listed.
- Rio Hondo College online application (which includes supplemental questions)
- Résumé/Curriculum Vitae
- Complete transcripts of all colleges/university studies, including degree earned (copies will be accepted)
- Digital Requirements: 10 personal and 10 student images. Please include a list of images with a single sentence identifier for each. Please unload under documents needed to apply. Maximum allowable document size is 9 MB. URL in lieu of uploaded documents is not acceptable.
- PAPER APPLICATIONS AND APPLICATION MATERIALS SENT VIA MAIL, FAX, OR EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- NOTE THAT ALL CORRESPONDENCE, INCLUDING INTERVIEW INVITATIONS, WILL BE SENT VIA EMAIL.
- The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires the District obtain documentation from every individual who is employed which verifies identity and authorizes his/her right to work in the United States.
- Successful candidate is responsible for verifying all prior work experience and providing all academic transcripts for purposes of salary placement.
- As a condition of employment, the selected applicant must provide a set of fingerprints (at the applicant’s expense) taken by an official LiveScan agency.
- Provide a Certificate of Tuberculosis Exam for initial employment (The certificate must be renewed every 4 years as a condition of continuing employment).
- For positions requiring a valid California driver’s license, proof of insurability is required.
- Applicants who are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act and require accommodations for completing the application process, testing (if required for position), or the interview, please notify the Human Resources Office.
- A copy of this announcement will be provided in Braille to visually impaired applicants upon request.
Commitment to Diversity
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Cancel RTF Policy
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RE-OPEN, RE-ADVERTISE, DELAY OR CANCEL FILLING THIS POSITION.
THIS RECRUITMENT MAY BE USED TO FILL FUTURE VACANCIES.
Rio Hondo College is committed to employing qualified administrators, faculty and staff members who are dedicated to student success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters cultural awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates.