Position TitleParalegal Studies, Adjunct Instructor
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Associate Dean
Position TypeOne Semester Temporary
Job CategoryAdjunct - Variable
Initial Work LocationVaries
Starting SalaryCurrent Adjunct Rate
Job Open Date04/14/2010
Open Until FilledYes
Under general supervision, prepare and teach paralegal studies courses for the Paralegal Studies department.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Follows the course curriculum outline, prepares and delivers lectures and other classroom activities.
2. Keeps accurate classroom records.
3. Coordinates Student ADA accommodation requests following college policy and procedures.
4. Answer student questions and provide necessary feedback on student progress.
5. Follows SLCC policies and procedures.
6. Supports department assessment initiatives.
7. Meets College and department deadlines and evaluates student work in a timely manner including submitting final grades on time.
8. Completes required training and attends department meetings.
9. Demonstrates and supports professional commitment to division, school, and college mission and values.
1. Three (3) years non-teaching full-time (or full-time equivalent) work experience in law, paralegal or related field.
2. College level teaching/corporate training experience.
3. Knowledge and experience in technology-enhanced instruction.
4. Technologically literate and innovative.
As a program approved by the American Bar Association, SLCC can only accept applications for substantive law courses from individuals with the following education credentials:
1. Juris Doctorate
2.Bachelors Degree in Paralegal Studies
Those with related degrees and/or skills will be considered for procedural or non-legally based curriculum courses and are still encouraged to apply.
As directed by SLCC Policy, Adjunct positions are semester by semester contract with no guarantee of continued employment.
Please attach additional documents (Resume, copies of credentials or transcripts, etc.) for consideration.
Official Transcripts are required for those who are offered employment only.
This is a pooled position and the department will review applications when positions become available.