Academic Tutor - Laurel College Center
- Prince George's Community College
- Location: Largo, Maryland
- Category: Admin-Tutors and Learning Resources
- Posting Date: 01/23/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleAcademic Tutor - Laurel College Center
Full Time or Part TimePart Time
Hiring Salary Range$15.02-$16.52/Hourly
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
The academic tutor is responsible for providing academic math tutoring services for all levels of math courses offered to students enrolled at Laurel College Center. The services provided include individual tutoring, use of computer software, and small group instruction.
- High school diploma or equivalent. 12 to 18 months experience or required course work/certification
- Experience with typing skills and general administrative work environment
- Have expert knowledge of the following courses: introductory / intermediate / college / linear algebra, introductory / probability /college statistics, pre-calculus and calculus, and differential equations
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Please ensure that your application and attached documents address the criteria listed below:
- To assist students in reasoning and problem solving
- To assist students in developing effective test-taking strategies as related to math courses
- To assist students in the development of a realistic schedule for study, using time management strategies
- To assist students by reviewing lecture notes and make recommendations as needed for effective note taking
- To assist students in optimizing study efforts
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Must be able to commit to the assigned weekly schedule not to exceed 18 hours per week. Work schedule subject to change based on department needs. Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including some evening and weekend hours.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in spoken and written Standard English with students, faculty, and staff.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and proof that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.identity and proof that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Open Until FilledYes