About Westchester Community College:
Westchester Community College was founded in 1946 as the New York State Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences in White Plains. In 1957, the County of Westchester bought the 360-acre John Hartford estate in Valhalla and designated 218 acres for the community college. Westchester Community College is more than just the county's largest educational institution. It is a living, breathing part of Westchester that goes beyond the influence of a typical college and affects the lives of all who enter its doors.
Westchester Community College seeks a dynamic, self-motivated individual with proven experience in product/program marketing, market research, audience segmentation, brand strategy, and public relations. The Director of Strategic Marketing & Communications is responsible for developing and implementing a strategic, comprehensive, and integrated marketing and communication plan that targets prospective and current students to strengthen the College's image locally and regionally, as well as to emphasize the College's signature programs and unique qualities that appeal to its key audiences. In partnership with leadership across the marketing team and other cross-functional stakeholders, this position will lead multi-channel annual marketing strategy planning and implementation, ensuring that the WCC brand and its programs are powerfully brought to life across all major touchpoints, in order to grow brand awareness, acquire new students, drive traffic/conversion, and deepen the emotional connection our constituents experience with the college.
The Director of Strategic Marketing & Communications reports to the Vice President, External Affairs, and oversees a team of four communications professionals with responsibilities for all college marketing and advertising, social media, web, as well as publications and many internal communications. This role works closely with the President's Office, Enrollment Management, extension centers, and other constituents on campus. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the following:
- Provide overarching leadership, strategy development, and execution for integrated marketing communications (IMC) that promote college programs and services and attract students and resources, ensuring in-depth understanding of all programs, their features, advantages, and benefits.
- Responsible for the strategic direction related to design and placement of all college advertising. Conceptualizes, builds, and implements a comprehensive, modern strategy using digital, environmental, print, radio, and television platforms, including mass customization and inclusive of the college's extension locations and online programs.
- Consultative on individual program/service level while insuring integration with a broader college marketing strategy that raises the institution's reputation, both regionally and nationally.
- In partnership with Strategic Enrollment Management colleagues, provide leadership, strategy development, and execution for marketing and communications plans that meet specific enrollment goals. Utilize CRM technology in concert with other marketing analysis tools to maximize lead generation, manage prospects, and track ROI.Use predictive analytics and market insight/intelligence to analyze student demographic information and behavioral data as it relates to the enrollment cycle to maximize impact of marketing efforts.
- Play a consultative role to the CFO and Strategic Enrollment Manager on understanding how changes in tuition will affect enrollment, and how various scholarship levels could have an impact on enrollment of targeted populations or programs.
- Lead transition from significant, predominantly print-based outreach with limited capacity to more targeted digital and online outreach.
- Spend time with internal partners to understand their marketing and communication challenges; gaining deep knowledge about the business problems that partners are solving; and ensuring effective integrated marketing and communications strategy and execution through new content creation, social media, SEO/SEM, and data tracking.
- Oversee all website, video, photography initiatives in keeping with brand objectives.Begin exploring how additional use of predictive analytics, automation, artificial intelligence can keep college marketing strategies efficient and cutting edge.
Public and Media Relations Strategy
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to executive leadership of the college on key strategies to elevate and maintain college and brand awareness among critical stakeholders.
- Disseminate information to the public and media as official spokesperson for the college. Establish and maintain protocols for interacting with members of the public and news media. Write press releases, other key documents, and coordinate strategic messages.
- All other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field from an accredited institution is required. Five years of increasing responsibility in marketing in higher education, edtech, or online education, four years of which must have been in an administrative capacity in a community or public relations program, also required. Experience developing and monitoring the annual departmental budget, forecasting needed resources and tactical plans to support the budget and assess results is required. Experience overseeing departmental contracts is also required. The successful candidate must possess the ability to lead high performance, cross-functional teams; and recruit, train, develop & supervise relevant personnel within the office. Exceptional ability to proactively manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment is required. Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as a highly collaborative nature; and the ability to facilitate work between a wide range of individuals and groups from diverse campus departments are required. High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information and a commitment to promoting an inclusive community where differing points of view and experiences are valued as mutual opportunities for learning also required. All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practice in all college policies, practices, and personnel.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: A Master's Degree is preferred. Experience tracking, analyzing, and communicating data to inform and influence decisions preferred. The ability to evolve team structure and make recommendations to support new business opportunities and initiatives including new market expansions also preferred.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The salary will be $95,297 plus excellent benefits.
Applicants must apply online by submitting a letter expressing interest in this position, a resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references. You must be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of hire. Please login to: https://sunywcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp in order to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents. The review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The priority deadline date is January 6, 2020.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning. Westchester Community College is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer.