Position TitleBudget Analyst
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Hiring Salary Range$66,281 to 72,909/Annually
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
Under general supervision with some independent judgment, the Budget Analyst will perform highly technical duties in the College’s Budget Office. Assist the Budget Officer with the coordination, development, and monitoring of the operating fund budget, budget oversight for operating, capital and restricted funds. Prepare and submit budget documents to college departments and outside agencies. Assist in the implementation of new budget module, and consultative guidance to campus constituencies in administering budgetary and financial policies. Complete complex and technical budget analysis functions and administrative work. Serve as a resource for staff in obtaining reports and information requests from internal departments and external agencies. Participates on ad hoc committees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required.
- Two years working experience in budgets or related field.
- Minimum of two years full time experience in the professional area with an accounting, business or finance environment is required.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Complete complex and technical budget and financial analysis; collect, compile and analyze budget data and make recommendations based on findings.
- Assist with detailed budget analysis including revenue and expense projections and budget scenarios.
- Prepares special financial reports, fiscal analyses, and statements requested by the Board of Trustees and/or Vice President of Administrative and Financial Services
- Monitor budget related performance measures (i.e., KPIs).
- Assist with coordination of the annual operating budget, prepare comparative reports and assist department with determining costs for future expense needs.
- Assist with position control to track permanent, vacant and new positions.
- Prepare reports related to salary and benefit costs and participate in the annual salary adjustment process.
- Coordinate a variety of accounting duties in support of accounting and financial reporting.
- Monitor actuals costs versus budget and provide recommendations to balance budget.
- Monitor department’s budgets, and frequently confer with department’s budget representatives regarding budget allocations.
- Assist with training on new budget methods, procedures or policies.
- Develops, recommends and enters budget adjustments to the financial system as directed.
- Submit capital project reimbursements claims to Prince George’s County OMB office and the State of Maryland.
- Update and maintain capital project schedules and reporting.
- Organize and complete varied and complex administrative duties for the Budget Officer.
- Provide information to the Budget Committee as requested.
- Participates as a budget office representative in meetings with County, Budget Committee, and College
- Provide excellent customer service while ensuring budget inquiries are being fulfilled in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.
Is Background Check Required?Yes
Open Until FilledYes
Background Check Statement
A limited background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.
Special Instructions to Applicants
A background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.