Academic Tutor-TRIO-Student Support Services
- Prince George's Community College
- Location: Largo, Maryland
- Category: Admin-Tutors and Learning Resources
- Posting Date: 02/06/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleAcademic Tutor-TRIO-Student Support Services
Full Time or Part TimePart Time
Hiring Salary Range$15.02/Hourly
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Job Description Summary
Provide group and/or individual tutoring to student participants in the Student Support Services program to include, first-generation, low-income, and students with documented disabilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 12 to 18 months related experience or required course work/certification.
- Preferred: Must have successfully passed college course/subject area with an “A” or “B”.
- Experience in tutoring the following courses: Pre-algebra, Introductory Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, College Reading and Study Skills, Developmental English/Reading, General Biology, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Introduction to Composition, Composition 1: Expository Writing, Composition 11: Writing About Literature, General Psychology, Nutrition, and Sociology.
- At least 1 year tutoring experience to a diverse population of college students.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Please ensure that your application and attached documents address the criteria listed below:
- Knowledge of subject area in which tutoring services are being provided.
- Ability to work with students ranging from individual to small group sessions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Extent of ability to maintain accurate records and files.
- Extent of effective communication skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours;
- Must be responsible and dependable.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work
Is Background Check Required?No
Posting NumberPGCC08411/12 GFF4
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
This is a grant funded position through 9/30/20 with a option for renewal.