This is a temporary, part-time position. Student Success Aids work in multiple areas of the Student Affairs department, such as Student Life, Advising Center, Admissions, Career Services and Recruitment. Student Success Aids assist with special projects, and work one-on-one and/or small group assistance to help student with College resources.
Student Success Aide
4099 (FT), 4599 (PT)
Position Pay Grade
An incumbent is responsible for working directly with his/her peers to engage students in utilizing College resources and becoming involved in campus activities. The incumbent will also assist with special projects and initiatives to promote student success.
Nature and Scope
This is a temporary, part-time classification. The incumbent typically works in the Division of Student Affairs and/or the Division of Instruction. Student Success Aides may be assigned to work in multiple departments, such as the Learning Commons, Student Life, Career Services, Recruitment, and Student Success Courses. The incumbent serves as a role model and guide for prospective and current students.
An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Assists with the planning and implementation of activities, events, and programs (i.e. New Student Orientation, Welcome Week, job fairs) to engage the student population.
2. Promotes activities, programs, and resources to the student body.
3. Provides one-on-one and/or small group assistance to help students navigate MyDTCC and other College software tools.
4. Provides outreach to prospective students, including campus tours, recruitment events, and phone calls to applicants who have not enrolled.
5. Helps students become familiar with College resources.
6. Assists with special projects sponsored by the College.
7. Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of Delaware Technical Community College resources, procedures, and systems.
Ability to effectively communicate and relate to a diverse population in a multicultural environment.
Strong interpersonal skills and professional etiquette.
Ability to interact successfully and tactfully and to develop rapport with faculty, staff, students, and the public.
Currently enrolled student at Delaware Technical Community College.
Availability to work requested hours, student should be available to work up to 10 hours per week and have flexibility to adjust work schedule.