Institutional Research Director
- Delta College
- Location: University Center, Michigan
- Category: Admin-Institutional Research and Planning
- Posting Date: 02/13/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleInstitutional Research Director
Full-time, Pay grade 9 (Starting Salary $79,236 – $89,526: Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience)
Position Accountabilities and Essential FunctionsThe successful candidate must demonstrate experience, skills, and commitment to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion in student, faculty and staff.
The Director of Institutional Research oversees and supports strategic vision and decision-making through research, data analysis, and communication of results.
Primary responsibilities include identifying, designing, conducting, and interpreting institutional research required for program development, program evaluation, institutional planning, evaluation of institutional effectiveness, and federal and state reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Establish annual institutional research priorities in collaboration with the President’s Cabinet. Ensure the projects associated with these priority areas are completed.
- Design, conduct, and interpret quantitative and qualitative research studies to facilitate decision-making related to new program and service development and current program and service evaluation.
- Collect, compile and/or coordinate the timely collection of appropriate and accurate institutional data to fulfill state and federal reporting requirements and to respond to requests from other agencies, organizations or individuals. Serve as the primary data liaison with the State of Michigan – including data coordinator and campus key holder for Michigan Postsecondary Data Inventory (MPDI). Ensure timely and accurate submission of data.
- Identify, gather, analyze, and organize institutional data to provide accurate and timely information for efforts such as evaluating institutional effectiveness, supporting grants, developing marketing strategies, and supporting the strategic plan.
- Provide assistance to faculty and staff in identifying appropriate data collection to ensure reliable, appropriate, and legal use of institutional information.
- Work collaboratively with the Survey Specialist to facilitate the survey process, analyze the data, and communicate results.
- Coordinate or conduct other institutional research, including campus-wide initiatives, as necessary, to enhance the planning and decision-making processes of the College.
- Collaborate on initiatives such as the Data Cookbook, data governance, the College Dashboard, and facilitating environmental scanning. Serve on key institutional committees.
- Master’s degree in math/statistics or research-oriented program.
- 3 to 7 years of position related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to present data in an easily understood manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency using SPSS, SAS, or similar analytics program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in data governance, research, and use of data in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and focus groups in research, analytics and dissemination of information.
Additional Experiences Considered
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCES CONSIDERED:
- Basic knowledge of SQL programming language.
- Experience working in a community college or higher education environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accreditation process, specifically with the Higher Learning Commission.
- Experience with IPEDS, Perkins, Voluntary Framework of Accountability and other similar reporting environments.
- Supervisory experience.
Position will remain open until filled. First consideration will be given to applicants who submit their materials on or before March 15, 2020. The College reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, three current names of professional references, copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.