ABOUT THE HR TEAM
Normandale HR team is a forward thinking, fast paced, and fun group of professional. We set high standards for ourselves and thrive in a complex higher education environment. We are seeking for a hardworking HR professional who values collaboration and will complement our strengths. We value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and experiences. We appreciate individuals who value diversity and inclusion, honest and open communication, and professional development.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Normandale Community College has an exciting opportunity for a positive, detail-oriented Human Resources Business Partner. The HR Business Partner serves as a subject matter expert to administrators, staff, and faculty in a wide range of human resource management areas and ensures compliance with collective bargaining agreements, Minnesota State policies, and state and federal laws. The position provides professional consulting and analysis for a range of HR services and provides consultation in the areas of employee recruiting, employee and labor relations, performance management, discipline, classification and compensation, investigations and grievances. The incumbent in this position partners with managers and administrators throughout the campus to ensure organizational effectiveness through proper alignment of staffing, processes, structure and culture. This role actively participates in the creation of plans to communicate college strategies and objectives and implements change initiatives designed to support those goals. The incumbent partners with department and work area leaders to assess and monitor the College’s progress toward attaining strategic goals and objectives, and designs and implements programs and processes to further those goals.
To be qualified for this position, you must meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. Ensure that your resume contains descriptions of your work experiences sufficient for comparison against the requirements stated below.
Minimum Qualifications: (required to have to enter job)
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or related field AND at least two (2) years of human resources experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Professional human resources experience in functional areas such as talent acquisition, classification, compensation, employee relations, labor relations and/or training and development
• Working knowledge of employment laws such as: FMLA, FLSA, ADA, EEO
• Working knowledge of collective bargaining agreements and applicable laws
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent intercultural competency skills and experience working inclusively with people from diverse backgrounds
• Ability to communicate effective and professionally, with sensitivity and discretion
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Advanced verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including making presentations to groups
• Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
Preferred Qualifications: (desired but not required to have to enter job)
• Graduate degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Law, or a similar field
• Five (5) or more years of general human resources experience
• Professional human resource certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, etc.)
• Experience leading change management activities, building trust among teams, and attracting talent
• Experience working in a multi-union environment
• Excellent process facilitation and project management skills
Normandale Community College is located in Bloomington, Minnesota, which is in the southwest metropolitan region of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota and one of the fastest growing areas of the state. With a population of over 3.5 million, the Twin Cities is home to a variety of cultural communities and features a growing economy, a plethora of arts and recreation opportunities, excellent public schools and health care systems, as well as thriving cultural and community organizations. A recent study estimates the contribution of Normandale Community College to the regional economy to be over $410 million dollars and 3,474 jobs.
Founded in 1968, and offering over 50 Associate degree programs, Normandale is the largest community college in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, serving almost 15,000 students from diverse backgrounds, 42% of whom are students of color and nearly 25% are first-generation. With student success as a primary focus, Normandale is dedicated to the mission of ensuring students have the highest quality education. To learn more about Normandale’s vision and strategic directions, visit http://www.normandale.edu/Normandale2020
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE!
As an agency of the State of Minnesota, Normandale offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year. Learn more at http://www.normandale.edu/departments/human-resources/employee-benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit their resume to this specific job posting. You can also search for this job and more on the State of Minnesota careers website at http://www.mn.gov/careers. Refer to Job Code 38832. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
If you are a current State of Minnesota employee, please log into Self Service, click on the Careers section and search for the Job Code.
Note: Official academic transcripts may be requested from those invited for an interview. We do NOT accept letters of recommendation. Application deadline is 11:59 pm CST March 6, 2020.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. Normandale does not sponsor visas.
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
If you have general questions about this posting, contact Damaris Abuta in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.