Job TitleRadiologic Technology Instructor - Adjunct
LocationYuba College - Marysville, CA.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Dean and the Director of Nursing working with the program faculty, the person selected for this position will be assigned teaching duties, administrative duties, supervising students at the affiliate clinical sites throughout the area served by the program, coordinating this functions with staff at the clinical affiliate sites and with program staff. Nights and weekend summer duties will be included.
Essential Duties Summary
• Teaching courses in accordance with program instructional plans and insure compliance with relevant accreditation agencies, program and College procedures, polices and course outlines.
• Assume the duties of a Program Director and Clinical Coordinator on a rotational schedule.
• Consult with program faculty and affiliate staff regarding student performance to ensure proper academic progress.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of program course outlines, handbook, student records and accreditation reports and requirements.
• Attend and participate in College, division, program, and Advisory Board meetings.
• Meet deadlines for evaluation and documentation of student performance as required for compliance with District, College, State, RHB and JCERT requirements.
• Maintain currency in the field of radiologic technology, particularly in imaging, instructional and evaluative techniques.
• Assist in solving problems that might arise with students in both the didactic and clinical settings.
• Work with program faculty in the assignment of students to the clinical affiliates.
• Work with students concerns as they relate to the College, program and clinical rotations.
• Work with program faculty to develop a schedule of regular visits to the clinical affiliates.
• Assist in exploring innovations that may benefit the program.
• Cooperate with District and College staff in conducting institutional research
• Perform other related duties as required by the College.
• Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disabilities and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate, by the final filing date, must possess the minimum qualifications for instructors in Radiological Technology as governed by JRC and RHB:
• Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience;
• OR any associate degree and six years of professional experience;
• OR the minimum qualifications as set by JCRET and RHB, whichever is higher
*JCERT and RHB, the two agencies that oversee the accreditation of the Radiological Technology program, require significantly higher educational criteria than the state’s published minimum qualifications. All full-time faculty positions, especially program directors and clinical coordinators, require a degree higher than an Associate Degree, as well as clinical and teaching experience.
• Any master’s degree in the designated radiography area;
• Supervision and administrative duties
• Experiences with life, student or teaching radiography to community college students
Salary Range$47.74 - $79.54/Lecture Rate Per Hour
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE: To apply, please visit: https://yccd.peopleadmin.com and complete an online academic application. Please provide description and details for each position held. See resume or left blank will automatically disqualify your application. Required documents include the following: Resume, Un-Official Transcripts, Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (attached in a Word document), C/V or Letter of Interest, and 3 Letters of Recommendation. For questions about Yuba Community College District’s application process, please contact Taranjit Chahal at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: AS SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS, AN APPLICATION MAY, BUT NEED NOT, INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: (a) one current evaluation from a peer or supervisor, (b) one abstract of a publication, and/or © portfolio. NO OTHER SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIAL SHOULD BE INCLUDED.