Date: February 20, 2020
Position Title: Support Professional, Admissions and Enrollment Testing Proctor
Job ID: 1042
Schedule: 27 Hours/52 Weeks* - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – 9:00am – 4:30pm
Compensation: APSS, Level D - $15.08
Reports to: Assistant Director of Enrollment Services
Close Date: March 5, 2020
*Some evening or weekend hours may be required due to special events or projects
The Admissions & Enrollment Testing Proctor will be responsible for administering the Accuplacer and ALEKS placement
tests to current and new students. The Testing Proctor will ensure the testing guidelines are followed and maintain a
presence in the testing labs along with the detailed uploading of all scores in various databases. This will include
assisting students with intake and login information before they test and communicating test results when complete.
This position will be a resource for students, faculty and staff to handle questions about the tests and to assist with off
campus testing. This position will also assist with front-line customer service in-person, over the phone and click-to-
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain a presence in the testing lab to ensure all proctoring guidelines are followed.
- Assist students with testing intake, login information and next steps to complete enrollment after testing.
- Answer questions from students, staff and faculty with any assistance they may need regarding testing and
- This includes front-line customer service work, along with answering phones calls, emails and click-to-chat.
- Follow-up with prospective and current students regarding testing and enrollment questions.
- Assist and maintain logins and security within Accuplacer and ALEKS including uploading scores and placing service
indicators based on placement results using various testing software and databases.
- Have an understanding of software and related technologies essential for testing and enrollment management.
Deliver timely and accurate testing reports as needed.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve any issues that may arise. This includes assisting proctors at other GRCC locations,
remote testers, local high schools, and students completing ALEKS/Accuplacer testing and remediation off campus.
- Regular attendance during normal schedule hours is required. Being present is essential for serving customers and
performing the essential functions of this position.
- Other duties as assigned
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support general Enrollment Center functions, specifically during peak times.
- Coordinate training for other staff/departments with regards to Enrollment Center functions.
- Foster a friendly, supportive, and welcoming environment for customers.
- Associate’s degree required
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in academic testing and/or student admissions and enrollment.
- High level technology skills.
- Knowledge and experience with web-based applications; specifically, online learning and testing software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software applications. Specifically, MS Word, Excel, Microsoft Office Suite, Peoplesoft
or other Student Information Systems.
- Finalists will be required to complete an office testing module and meet minimum standards, plus possess excellent
proofreading skills and have aptitude for detail work. An in-basket assignment may be required.
- Must be able to lift and move 30 pounds of recruitment materials.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (oral and written) are required to be successful in this position.
- Office environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.grcc.edu/jobs Grand Rapids Community College is only
accepting online applications for this position. Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. The opportunity to
apply for this position will close on March 5, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged
to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visa sponsorship is not available.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and
dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities
regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all
programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or
compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC
programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and
eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college will
not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an
investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick
Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.