Student Affairs Specialist - TPT
- Delaware Technical Community College
- Location: Dover, Delaware
- Category: Admin-Student Affairs and Services
- Posting Date: 02/28/2020
- Application Deadline: 03/06/2020
|Position Title||Student Affairs Specialist - TPT|
|Position Type||Temporary Part-Time|
|Hiring Location||George Campus-Wilmington, DE|
|Contact Phone Number||302-573-5469|
|Contact Email Addressemail@example.com|
|Work Location||George Campus-Wilmington, DE|
|Position Specific Details||
This is a part-time position.
|Classification Title||Student Affairs Specialist|
|Job Code||5131 (FT), 5631 (PT)|
|Position Pay Grade||B/C 07|
An incumbent is responsible for ensuring student success by handling the diverse, yet interrelated, daily functions within Student Affairs to include Admissions, Registration, and/or College Placement Testing.
|Nature and Scope||
An incumbent typically reports to an administrator and may supervise support personnel and/or work study employees. The incumbent processes admission applications, transcripts, registration forms and requests for information. The incumbent also may administer the College Placement Test (CPT). A significant aspect of this work is interaction with students and the public. The incumbent also interacts with Student Affairs, Instruction, and the Business Office to effectively ensure student success.
An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Processes admission applications, registration forms and collateral documents.
2. Develops and maintains student records in compliance with FERPA and other relevant regulations.
3. Prepares diverse reports to be used by multiple divisions for tracking, recruitment, enrollment, and services to students.
4. Schedules, administers, and scores the College Placement Test.
5. Generates reports from College placement data to assist with scheduling and resource allocation.
6. Responds to inquiries and provides admission and College policy information to students, staff, and the general public.
7. Receives and processes transcripts.
8. Facilitates the transfer of credit module within Banner.
9. Processes and reviews reports and records to ensure conformity with College policy and regulations.
10. Oversees special admissions programs for health, allied health, and international students.
11. Assists in the preparation of the annual budget; solicits pertinent information through research, phone contacts, correspondence, and other sources.
12. Supervises work study students or support staff as assigned.
13. Performs other related duties as required.
|Knowledge Skills and Abilities||
Knowledge of admission and registration procedures and policies.
High school diploma or GED.
|Number of Vacancies|
|Desired Start Date|
|Position End Date (if temporary)|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Applicant Instructions|