Provide quality instruction and student supervision in the didactic and clinical areas of the program.
1. Plan, organize, and instruct courses assigned, devoting to this primary task the instructor's best professional effort.
2. Review course objectives periodically and instructional strategies to meet course objectives.
3. Prepare and distribute a current course syllabus as required by college policy.
4. Participate in the selection of the textbooks, and submit request for textbooks and other material needed for instruction.
5. Maintain and accurately complete records as required.
6. Arrive at the classroom/lab/clinic sufficiently in advance of classes to adequately prepare space and material for organized instruction.
7. Counsel and advise students regarding up-to-date academic matters, college services and factors relating to student success.
8. Schedule and maintain office hours in accordance with college policy.
9. Participate in staff meetings, serve on committees, and participate in other college activities.
10. Maintain professional growth and development to foster and create scholarly production according to college and personal needs.
11. Maintain professional working relationship with students, fellow faculty members, administration and staff adhering to the highest standards of respect for the rights of others.
12. Assist in the development of class schedules.
13. Assist in the identification of equipment for the program.
14. Develop and utilize assessment materials and procedures to evaluate student learning and performance.
15. Participate in program evaluation.
16. Provide quality clinical instruction and supervision.
17. Participate in the review, evaluation and revision of curriculum.
18. Attend and participate in faculty, program, and committee meetings.
19. Provide placement assistance to graduates of the program.
20. Provide information for reports as required by state or local policy or procedures.
21. Comply with fiscal management system policies and procedures of the college.
22. Be available to sponsor student academic related activities such as clubs,student organizations and college events.
23. Participate in community and professional service activities, and serve in selected activities as the need arises.
24. Perform other functions consistent with the position as requested by the Program Director or Dean of Health Science Instruction.