Chair of the Department of Nursing / Professor
- SUNY Broome Community College
- Location: Binghamton, New York
- Category: Executive-Dean-Medicine
- Posting Date: 08/10/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
SUNY Broome Community College is accepting applications and nominations for a full-time, 12-month, appointment as Chairperson in the Department of Nursing with the added responsibility of a tenure-track Professor appointment. SUNY Broome's Department of Nursing has an Associate Degree Nursing program that offers full-time day and evening and weekend programs. Program development in the upcoming years will focus on enhanced programmatic competitiveness through designing innovative curriculum and program delivery methods to address the healthcare delivery reform initiatives facing healthcare in the State of New York and to meet the learning needs of today's associate degree nursing students.
SUNY Broome Community College is a public community college in Broome County, New York. It is part of the State University of New York. The school is located in the town of Dickinson, just north of the City of Binghamton, New York. SUNY Broome Community College supports all members of the learning community by creating access to inclusive, diverse educational experiences. Success is achieved through the provision of innovative academics, transformative student support, and meaningful civic & community engagement.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President and Dean of Health Sciences, the Chair of the Nursing Department is responsible for all matters relating to academic leadership and administration of the program per accreditation and New York State regulatory requirements, including curriculum, program and course-level assessment, budgeting, and provides support, mentorship, and supervision to department faculty, staff and students.
• Master's degree in nursing plus a minimum of thirty (30) hours beyond the degree (doctoral degree preferred)
• Additional graduate coursework in appropriate field is desirable
• Minimum of nine (9) years teaching experience or an appropriate combination of teaching, relevant work experience and scholarly activity is required (experience in higher education nursing preferred)
• Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated interest and ability in the use of activity based instructional methods, curriculum development, NCLEX preparation, and use of simulation to support development of critical thinking skills for the clinical setting.
• Must be NY State licensed RN or eligible.
• Have the ability to teach a variety of nursing subjects in classroom and clinical settings, as well as utilize evidence-based methodologies to access pedagogical effectiveness.
• Be prepared to provide sound direction and focused leadership in a learner-centered environment.
• Have a strong commitment to the community college mission.
SUNY Broome Community College is being assisted by the search consultants of Hyatt-Fennell. Submit applications, which include a letter of interest, a current resume/cv and information for five professional references, via email to: Sunybroome@hyatt-fennell.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and any offer of employment by SUNY Broome will be conditional based upon the result of a satisfactory, pre-employment background check. All applications and nominations are considered highly confidential. SUNY Broome Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.