Education Site Coordinator
- Chattahoochee Valley Community College
- Location: Phenix City, Alabama
- Category: Admin-Student Affairs and Services
- Posting Date: 08/14/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position: Education Site Coordinator
Part-time position (19 hours per week maximum)
The anticipated schedule is Monday-Wednesday-Friday with
Monday and Wednesday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
Minimum Qualifications: Interviews will only be extended to applicants who meet the minimum required
qualifications. The following are the minimum required qualifications for this position:
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
• Two (2) years of related experience
• High degree of workplace professionalism, with excellent customer service skills; ability to meet the public in a friendly and receptive manner
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
• Ability to operate a computer, work with various software, and maintain familiarity with campus software requirements
• Ability to operate standard office equipment
• Ability to work a flexible, nonstandard work week
• Effective oral and written communication skills; proficiency in the English language
Preferred Qualifications: The following are the preferred qualifications for this position:
• Experience working with military families, organizations, Veterans
• Experience working in a higher education setting
Duties & Responsibilities: The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
2. Provide educational guidance to students and potential students at the Ft. Benning site, including advising of degree planning, short certificate, and non-credit
3. Coordinate and comply with all regulations on Ft. Benning.
4. Maintain a friendly and cooperative relationship with the Ft. Benning Education Center.
5. Retain recruiting publications, forms and supplies in order to assist and advise students.
6. Actively participate in other recruiting activities on Ft. Benning, such as visiting units and organizations, accepting guest speaking invitations at various clubs and for various groups, developing a cooperative relationship with the publishing entities on Ft. Benning (including the Benning Bulletin, the Bayonet newspaper, and the electronic newsletter of Martin Army Hospital) and all medical clinics and dispensaries.
7. Actively and aggressively recruit students, both traditional and nontraditional, to the College, and assist in retention efforts.
8. Attend all educational meetings on Ft. Benning if a CVCC presence is requested.
9. Attend military and social functions if invited.
10. Attend all school-related activities on Ft. Benning, such as educational fairs, field days, job fairs, etc.
11. Always maintain a professional appearance, as well as a positive and cooperative attitude when interacting with others.
12. Adhere to College standards of professionalism and confidentiality, including courteous and friendly interaction with other CVCC employees.
13. Adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by the College.
14. Represent the institution in a positive manner.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary: This is a part-time only position. Pay for this part-time position is $18.00 per hour with no benefits available. Time worked per week will not exceed nineteen (19) hours.
Anticipated Begin Date: January 27, 2020, or as negotiated
Applications will continue to be accepted on a continuous basis, even when there are no vacancies. However, when a vacancy does occur, only qualified candidates from the existing applicant pool will be contacted for an interview.
Application Procedure: For a packet to be considered complete, the applicant must submit all of the following:
Completed CVCC Employment Application (October 2019 version)
Copies of transcripts (unofficial or official) from all colleges from which degrees have been granted. Degrees must be posted on transcripts.
Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application; however, official transcripts may be requested by the College prior to extension of an employment agreement to the successful candidate.
APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED VIA FACSIMILE OR E-MAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Please do not staple any documents in your packet. If you are applying for more than one position, submit a complete set of information for each position. Once submitted, all applications become the property of CVCC. Requests for copies of application materials, including transcripts, will be denied by the College. To secure an employment application go to www.cv.edu/human-resources/. Send complete application packet to the Department of Human Resources, Chattahoochee Valley Community College, 2602 College Drive, Phenix City, Alabama 36869. Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete. Interview Process: The Recruitment and Selection Committee will screen all applicants for the position and select applicants for in-person interviews. The interviews will consist of a question/answer session and may include a skills demonstration and/or written assignment. Upon
completion of the in-person interviews, the Committee will recommend a finalist for the position to the President, after which a final employment decision will be made. Additional Information: The College reserves the right to fill the position within one year of the stated anticipated starting date or not to fill the position due to budgetary or operational considerations. Further, the College reserves the right to fill more than one position in the same job
classification should another vacancy occur during the search process.
The College will not incur the cost of applicants’ interview expenses.
Applicants desiring reasonable accommodations for the interview are encouraged to request such accommodations when contacted for an interview appointment.
All male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration. An offer of employment is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background investigation. In the event a conviction for a felony or any crime involving moral turpitude is found, the procedures established for the Board of Trustees policy concerning criminal background checks will be followed. In addition, the applicant will be responsible for the cost of the
criminal background investigation. CVCC is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (Everify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
CVCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. CVCC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. CVCC reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.