Public Safety Officer I, Short-Term Temporary Hourly Assignment, as Needed
- Kern Community College District
- Location: Bakersfield, California
- Category: Admin-Campus Safety And Police
- Posting Date: 07/23/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Number: 03086
Posting Date: 04/20/2020
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Short-term Temporary Hourly
Rate: $17.96 per hour
Work Week: Flexible, as needed
This position is not eligible for benefits.
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
This is for an applicant pool that will be used to staff short-term temporary hourly positions during the year.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, patrol and guard the college campus to assure the safety and protection of persons, buildings, grounds, equipment and other property of the District.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school AND one year of experience in a security setting. Additional specialized training in police science, public administration or a related field is desirable.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Proof of completion of School Security Course certification.
- Possession of current Guard Card.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California drivers license.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid CPR and First Aid certificates.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment physical assessment.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment drug testing.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Principles and procedures of investigation, arrest, search and seizure.
- Procedures of crowd control and emergency response.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping and report preparation.
- Learn and apply pertinent provisions of the State Penal Code, Vehicle Code and Education Code.
- Operate a patrol vehicle and patrol equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Conduct an investigation according to District policy.
- Analyze and respond to situations quickly and independently according to District policy.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Salary Grade: 37.5
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Classified Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Copy of required licenses (Guard Card and Security Guard SB1626)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
*NOTE: If you list a degree on your application, you must attach a copy of those transcripts.
- List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/13623. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.