- Colorado Community College System
- Location: Craig, Colorado
- Category: Faculty-Medicine-Nursing
- Posting Date: 07/23/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
ABOUT COLORADO NORTHWESTERN COMMUNITY COLLEGE:
Colorado Northwestern Community College (CNCC) fosters educational excellence and student success, prepares students for local and global citizenship, anticipates and responds to the needs of surrounding communities, and contributes to evolving regional economic development. CNCC is a small, rural community college located in Northwest Colorado with campuses located in Rangely, CO and Craig, CO. Please visit the CNCC website at www.cncc.edu for application submission details. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Responsible for teaching, guiding, monitoring and evaluating student learning in the classroom, laboratory, and clinical practice setting.
- Plans, designs, and provides theoretical, clinical or laboratory instruction which reflect an understanding of the program’s philosophy, objectives and curriculum.
- Evaluates student achievement of curricular objectives and outcomes related to nursing knowledge and practice.
- Participates in advising and guidance of the students.
- Hold office hours for the purpose of meeting with students to provide individual instruction.
- Assists in curriculum design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Assists in the development, evaluation, and revision of student admission, progression, retention and graduation policies within the policies of the institution.
- Assists in planning, monitoring and evaluating the instruction provided by Nursing Adjunct instructors and preceptors.
- Contributes to program, departments, campus and college activities and initiatives including participating in program and department faculty meetings and serving on committees and participating in college functions.
- Participates in graduation, honors, pinning, and graduation ceremonies.
- Participates in recruiting and interview activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Program Director.
This job requires any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and/or experience as indicated below:
Education and Training:
Minimum or Required
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or written plan demonstrating ongoing progression in obtaining a Master’s Degree in Nursing.
- Two years of full time professional nursing clinical experience.
- Current Colorado license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR for Healthcare Provider.
- Must have current CTE certification or able to obtain certification within first year of hire date.
Minimum or Required:
- Telephone/Answering Machine
- Ability to utilize medical and nursing equipment relevant to area(s) of nursing practices.
- Ability to use computer and classroom technology.
Excellent written and verbal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with students, instructors and other staff members.
Competency in adult and vocational education.
Knowledge of current nursing education issues and trends.
All interested and qualified applicants are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and letters of recommendation, along with a completed Colorado Northwestern Community College application for exempt employment to the Department of Human Resources.
Colorado Northwestern Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Colorado Northwestern Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to all students, employees and other designated groups.