- Southwest Tennessee Community College
- Location: Memphis, Tennessee
- Category: Admin-Custodian - Janitorial
- Posting Date: 06/26/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
We have an opening for a Custodial Supervisor at our Southwest Tennessee-Macon Cove campus!
Under general direction of the Environmental Services Coordinator, the Custodial Department is seeking a lead custodian to supervise the full-time, part-time, and temporary custodial personnel in proper floor care, cleaning, furniture set-up/moving, and safety procedures. Position would also be responsible for performing custodial work, and have the ability to work a flexible schedule with occasional after hours, weekend, or holiday work as required.
This role will be responsible for the following:
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization;
- Perform all assigned tasks in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest integrity of the Custodial Services Department;
- Wear and maintain approved safety equipment;
- Work irregular shifts including weekends, holidays, and evenings;
- Work alone in buildings; in isolated areas; travel from building to building at night and/or in a building with heavy traffic;
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Must be able to interact in a diverse community and able to adapt to changing situations;
- Position may at times require the individual to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials are present;
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Candidates who are called for an interview must notify Human Resources in writing at least five (5) days in advance of any reasonable accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.
First consideration will be given to current Southwest Tennessee Community College employees who meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- At least one (1) year of experience performing custodial work, including some supervision;
- Experience and skills to determine use of custodial materials and custodial equipment needed to perform cleaning tasks;
- Knowledge of cleaning solvents, soaps, waxes, and other related chemicals used to clean offices, carpets, floors, etc.;
- Knowledge of standard safety precautions and rules used in custodial work.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Valid Tennessee Driver's License;
- Basic computer software skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel);
- Customer service skills to establish effective working relationships;
- Develop, implement and conduct training and safety programs;
- Verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey instructions and information to staff and the college community;
- Skill to instruct others on how to use equipment and cleaning solvents;
- Skill to maintain written records and prepare reports, perform basic arithmetic calculations;
- Must be able to utilize e-mail systems such as Outlook 365. These include creating such things as equipment status reports, cleaning supply requests, and maintain schedules.
- Three or more years of supervisory experience preferred;
- Experience working on a college campus preferred;
The Salary Range for the position is: Up to $26/Yr
In order to be considered for the position, the following items must be uploaded:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
A summary of our benefits can be found below:
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you are interested, click on the link to the left to apply.
Southwest Tennessee Community College is a TBR and AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities