ESL Adjunct Instructor
- Salt Lake Community College
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Category: Faculty-Engineering-Other Engineering
- Posting Date: 05/15/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleESL Adjunct Instructor
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Associate Dean, ESL
DepartmentESL-(College Academic Readiness)-2N5
Position TypeNew position
Job CategoryAdjunct - Variable
Initial Work LocationVaries
Starting SalaryCommensurate upon experience
Job Open Date12/22/2016
Open Until FilledNo
Adjunct instructor will teach English as a Second Language (ESL) to adults in college-level (Level IV) ESL courses. Instruction focuses on aquisition of academic literacy.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Teach ESL levels as assigned
2. Follows department curriculum and policies
3. Responds to student work in timely manner
Answer student questions and provide necessary feedback on student progress.
4. Supports department assessment initiatives
5. Keeps accurate class records
6. Maintains communication with department office
7. Meets college and department deadlines and evaluates student work in a timely manner including submitting final grades on time.
8. Completes mandatory training
9. Maintains professional commitment to college and students
10. Demonstrate and supports professional commitment to division, school, and college mission and values
11. Follows SLCC policies and procedures
1.Masters degree in content area or related field
2. TESOL Certification
3. Experience teaching adults from beginning to advanced ESL
4. Experience with curriculum development in post-secondary setting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Following department curriculum and instruction, must be able to teach English to adults whose first language is not English.
Ability to assess and evaluate student effort and provide feedback.
Ability to record student work in timely manner.
Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, culture, ethnic background, and abilities, to maintain good working relationships across the College. The ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities and special needs.
The posting is an ongoing recruitment pool and the department will review applications as positions become available.
Required documents for application:
1. Copy of academic transcripts
2. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Official academic transcripts are required upon being hired.