Adjunct General Counselor
- Yuba Community College District
- Location: Woodland, California
- Category: Faculty-Education-Counselor Education
- Posting Date: 05/15/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job TitleAdjunct General Counselor
LocationWoodland Community College - Woodland, CA
Under the direction of the Dean of Student Services, provide general counseling services in support of the College’s recruitment and retention efforts. The Counselor will provide personal, career and educational counseling to students. The Counselor will participate in orientation/counseling sessions, classroom presentations, workshops, assessment interpretation, outreach activities, evening assignments, and liaison duties with academic departments. The assignment includes curriculum development, development and assessment of student learning outcomes, professional activities, committee work, and utilizing intervention strategies in working with academically challenged students. In addition, assignment includes working with electronic processes such as Curricunet, Tracdat, Degree-Audit, etc., or similar systems. Assignments are within WCC service centers/campuses.
Essential Duties Summary
Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate, by the final filing date, must possess the minimum qualifications for instructors in Counseling as governed by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office: (All degrees and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications must be from accredited institutions.)
• Master’s in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling, OR the equivalent.
• Possess a California Community College life credential in the subject matter area of Counseling
• NOTE: A license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is an alternative qualification for this discipline, pursuant to title 5, section 53410.1.)
Range/StepRange /Step: Step 1 - Step 7 (Based on degree and teaching experience)
Salary RangeSalary Range: $47.07 – $78.42/Lecture Rate Per Hour
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application includes the following: Academic Application, resume, transcripts, EEO Statement, up to (3) current letters of recommendation and a cover letter/letter of interest.
Note: For complete salary schedule information, please visit www.yccd.edu, Human Resources, and Salary Schedules.