Faculty Full Time - Business Marketing
- Prince George's Community College
- Location: Largo, Maryland
- Category: Faculty-Business-Marketing And Sales
- Posting Date: 05/15/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleFaculty Full Time - Business Marketing
DepartmentTeaching Learning and Student Success
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Hiring Salary RangeSalary Commensurate with Education and Experience
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)Fixed Term
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
Prince George’s Community College invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Business Marketing, beginning in Fall 2020. Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to high-quality undergraduate education. Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in the field of Business Marketing, and with experience teaching at the college level. PGCC is committed to student success, regional impact, and organizational excellence.
- Master’s degree or higher in Business, Marketing or a related field.
- One year full-time, or equivalent part-time, teaching or training experience at the college or high school level in business marketing.
- Must be qualified to teach a variety of business marketing courses.
- Full-time pertinent professional experience working in the field of business marketing.
The following criteria will be used to review the applications of those candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and to select those who will be invited for an interview. Candidates for teaching positions who are invited for an interview will be asked to demonstrate their teaching effectiveness in a simulated classroom, laboratory, or other relevant pedagogical situation, the conditions of which will be determined in advance and shared with all candidates prior to the interview. In addition to the criteria listed below, other information gained from, and observations made during, the interview process, including the review committee’s assessment of a simulated teaching performance, may be considered in selecting candidates to be recommended for appointment.
- Relevance of teaching experience to anticipated teaching assignments.
- Relevance of non-teaching professional experience to anticipated teaching assignments.
- Evidence of currency in professional discipline through continuing education, professional development and/or scholarly activity.
- Evidence of quality teaching, including faculty evaluation scores and ratings, teaching awards earned, courses designed, developed, and/or revised, etc.
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively within, and contribute positively to, a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural student population and campus environment.
- Evidence of experience motivating and teaching students with diverse preparation, learning styles, and abilities.
- Experience mentoring and/or advising students or young professionals.
- Evidence of experience in or knowledge of curriculum development, various assessment methods and instructional technology.
- Flexibility and creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to teach day, evening, and/or online.
- Evidence of ability to work independently.
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Unofficial transcripts must accompany application for teaching positions. Before an applicant can be recommended for hire, the applicant must have an unofficial transcript on file with the college. Official transcripts of academic work required upon an offer of employment.
- Letters of reference must be job related and dated within the past three years.
- Documentation of experience and performance required.
- Willingness to teach day, evening, weekends, and/or online.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Is Background Check Required?Yes
Open Until FilledYes
Background Check Statement
A background investigation will be conducted prior to the offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Prince George’s Community College is recruiting for a full-time fixed-term faculty position effective Fall 2020 (pending budget approval). Annual salary paid over ten months, with benefits extending to the end of the fiscal year, June 30, 2021. If a fixed-term contract is renewed for second-year benefits will continue through the summer months. Persons hired into the role have the potential to count their years as a fixed-term faculty member towards continuing tenure status upon offer.