Associate Instructor (Environmental Technologies)
- Mt. San Jacinto College
- Location: District Wide (multiple campuses), California
- Category: Faculty-Engineering-Civil And Environmental
- Posting Date: 05/15/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
- JOB SUMMARY
Associate Instructor applications are accepted on a continuous basis for all disciplines taught within the District.
Applications which meet the required minimum qualifications are kept on file in an electronic format for 6-months from the date the District verifies the applicant's qualifications.
Various deans and/or department chairs will have access to these applications and as needs arise throughout the District they will contact those applicants they are interested in interviewing for positions they anticipate will become available.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- ABOUT ASSOCIATE INSTRUCTORS
Mt. San Jacinto Community College District accepts Associate (part-time) Instructor applications on an on-going basis for all disciplines.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor's degree; AND
- Two (2) years of professional experience
Substitutions for meeting the education requirement of this position are allowed as follows.
- An Associate's degree; AND
- Six (6) years of professional experience
The Environmental Technologies discipline includes the following sub categories:
- Environmental hazardous material
- Hazardous material abatement
- Environmentally conscious manufacturing
- Waste water
- Air pollution control
- Integrated waste management
- Water treatment
- Sewage treatment
Minimum qualifications for Faculty and Administrators for California Community Colleges are established by the Chancellor's Office.
If you believe you are qualified for this position but do not meet minimum qualifications as stated above, you must attach a completed Application for Equivalence. Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications to teach in a desired discipline but feel that they possess the equivalent of qualifications, may request an equivalency judgment. Guidelines to assist you in determining whether you need to request an equivalency are outlined below.
Applicants may view the Chancellor's Office minimum qualifications, and Academic Equivalency related forms and policies by accessing the links from the drop down menu at the top left of the job board web page.
The Board of Trustees assures that all employees and applicants for employment will be provided equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, or veteran status.
Applicants who claim equivalent qualifications shall provide conclusive evidence that they possess qualifications that are at least equivalent to those required by the minimum qualifications. The conclusive evidence must be as clear and reliable as college transcripts.
The question is not whether you "could teach the class," but whether you can show that you have acquired the equivalent of the minimum qualifications. Specifically, the applicant making the claim must provide conclusive evidence establishing equivalency. If you believe you are qualified for a position but do not meet minimum qualifications as stated above, you must complete and submit an Application for Equivalence with your completed application packet.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This position is in the University Professional and Technical Employees CWA Local 9119 AFL-CIO Union – http://www.upte.org/local/cc/
As a condition of employment candidates will be required to complete a live scan for fingerprint clearance and a Tuberculosis (TB) test/Tuberculosis Risk Assessment form developed by the State Department of Public Health.
- Applications must be submitted through our online job board; creating a profile is required
- Attach a current resume
- Attach transcripts of ALL college-level coursework (*see transcript tips below)
- MSJC application must include a statement of your philosophy regarding education and how you meet the qualifications (thoroughly answering supplemental questions "Personal Qualifications Statement" and "Diversity Statement" on the MSJC application is acceptable, or a separate document may be included in your submission)
- Attach or include on MSJC application; certification, training, vocational, or related program(s) if applicable
TIPS FOR APPLYING
- For positions that require education, transcript(s) must be attached to your application submission to verify completion of college-level coursework
- Carefully review the Application Procedures and Tips for Applying to ensure your submission meets the minimum qualifications
- If selected for an interview, a presentation and/or teaching demonstration may be required as a part of the interview process. If applicable, presentation instructions will be included in the invitation to schedule a formal interview.
- The documents attached to your online application must satisfy the Minimum Qualifications listed for this job
- Before scanning attachments, remove/redact sensitive, confidential information such as date of birth, social security number, address, photograph
- If you are employed by the District, it is still the applicant's responsibility to upload the required attachment(s) to each application submission. The hiring committee does not have access to personnel files. The hiring committee only has access to evaluate the documents included with your application submission. You may contact HR to schedule an appointment to view your personnel file if you'd like access to the original transcript documents in your file.
- Your application may be marked as incomplete due to an error with your transcript(s).
- TRANSCRIPT TIPS:
- Only transcripts from an accredited college or university will be accepted
- Applicants must provide transcripts; which must include required authenticating factors: college/university seal or watermark, registrar signature, print or issue date, name of student, list of all coursework, degree conferral date, and degree major
- Transcripts copied and pasted from a website, blurry, unreadable or cut off will not be accepted
- Transcripts copied and pasted into a program where the text can easily be manipulated cannot be authenticated and are not accepted
- Electronic/digital transcripts sent by a college are typically official, certified, and restricted electronic documents; and therefore, it's recommended to print and save this type of official transcript to a separate file before attaching to your online profile - otherwise we may be unable to open or view the attachment
- Foreign transcripts are not considered unless accompanied by an official United States clearing house evaluation report, see Foreign Transcript Tips
- If you attach documents that contain a personal photograph, it will be deleted from your submission
- If hired, you must submit official, unopened transcripts prior to employment commencement
- TRANSCRIPT TIPS:
- You must attach all the required documents before submitting your online application; otherwise it will be marked as incomplete
- If you receive notice that your application was marked as incomplete, you are welcome to reapply as long as the position is still open
- We do not accept documents submitted separate from the NEOGOV online application system
- Any documents you want considered as part of your application profile MUST be included at the time you apply through NEOGOV
- Hiring committees do not allow applicants to share documents during the formal interview (resume, portfolio, reference letters, etc.). The only exception would be if there are documents explicitly related to instructions included in a demonstration or presentation task.
- THE COLLEGE
Mt. San Jacinto Community College (MSJC) is a single-college, multi-campus district that serves the needs of students within a 1,700-square-mile area of western Riverside County. MSJC is one of the fastest growing community colleges in the California community college system and it is expected to continue growing for some time. Currently, the District serves nearly 20,000 students a year at the following locations: the San Jacinto, Menifee Valley and San Gorgonio Pass campuses, the Temecula Education Complex and the Temecula Higher Education Center and several off-site locations throughout the district.
The District provides a comprehensive education that includes transfer to four-year universities, technical, vocational, non-credit and community service programs.
Mission: "Mt. San Jacinto College offers quality, accessible, equitable and innovative educational programs and services to students aspiring to achieve their academic, career and personal development goals. We provide students a safe environment in which to pursue basic skills, career and general education pathways. Our programs lead to transfer, associate degrees and certificates, which meet workforce development needs in our diverse communities. Our commitment to learning and achievement empowers students to enrich our communities and participate meaningfully in today's complex world."
Vision: Transforming Learners. Transforming Communities. Transforming Lives.
Values Statement: We are students, employees and a community. We believe that the act of teaching and learning is vital to a thriving community that enriches and, at times, saves lives. We commit to opportunities that inspire the following values in ourselves:
Excellence: We challenge students by setting high standards for learning and critical thinking, which we model with action.
Collaboration: We believe the best results are achieved through communication and participation among students, employees, industry and the community we serve.
Relationship: We nurture a community built on positive interactions and a genuine concern for the welfare of others.
Innovation: We cultivate a creative environment that promotes the development of new ideas for continuous quality improvement.
Relevance: We create educational experiences that have meaningful applications in a local and global context, today and tomorrow.
Access: We ensure equitable rights of all students by removing barriers to a quality education and promoting a network of support that improves learning opportunities.
Leadership: We empower people throughout the community to support and facilitate positive change.
Diversity: We respect and embrace the power of sharing our differences in thought, opinion, culture and background to optimize our collective strength.
Integrity: We believe in being true to our core values by consistently demonstrating our character and an institutional commitment to do the right thing.
The area provides a diverse geography that includes recreational lakes, mountains, desert and wide-open spaces. MSJC is located about 100 miles southeast of Los Angeles and 50 miles west of Palm Springs. There is freeway access to ocean beaches, skiing and cultural offerings in San Diego, Los Angeles and Orange County. Weekend recreational opportunities are a few hours away in Las Vegas, Arizona and nearby mountain resorts. Local theater productions and art galleries provide year-round entertainment, including the famous Ramona Festival and Pageant.
Applicants who need assistance in the application and/or hiring process should contact the Human Resources Department as soon as possible. The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities.
The Board assures that all employees and applicants for employment will be provided equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, or veteran status.
TRAVEL EXPENSES ARE NOT COVERED BY THE DISTRICT
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employer Website: www.msjc.edu
In conformance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, requests for reasonable accommodations may be made to (951) 487-3161. For administrative purposes, requests must be made at the time of application.
MSJC will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please access the links from the drop down menu at the top left of the job board web page for further details regarding the E-Verify program.