Allied Health & Nursing Laboratory Assistant - Part Time
- Prince George's Community College
- Location: Largo, Maryland
- Category: Admin-Health and Medical Services
- Posting Date: 05/22/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleAllied Health & Nursing Laboratory Assistant - Part Time
Full Time or Part TimePart Time
Hiring Salary Range$20.83-$22.91/Hourly
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
Responsible for all phases of laboratory preparations including preparing and organizing equipment, materials and supplies for the Allied Health and Nursing laboratories. Prepares laboratory materials, supplies, and equipment in advance of need and supports the Allied Health and Nursing laboratory courses as directed. Tracks inventory, follows all safety protocols and completes other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, three to four years related experience or required course work/certification and or specialized skills/training.
- Knowledge of Allied Health and Nursing professions preferred.
- A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Prepares, organizes and sets up laboratory materials, supplies and equipment in accordance with the laboratory schedule and syllabi.
- Prepares for delivery and pickup of supplies, equipment and materials.
- Reports broken equipment in need of repair or replacement.
- Receives, stocks and records supplies, materials, equipment.
- Organize and restock the laboratories.
- Assists with updating and maintaining the inventory of laboratory equipment and supplies in the department inventory database.
- Follows all laboratory safety protocols, including cleaning of equipment.
- Communicates regularly with the supervisor, staff, and instructors to ensure laboratory sessions are proceeding according to the syllabus.
- Observes the College’s policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to commit to the assigned weekly schedule not to exceed 18 hours per week. Work schedule subject to change based on department needs. Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including some evening and weekend hours.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in spoken and written Standard English with students, faculty, and staff.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and proof that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.identity and proof that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.
Is Background Check Required?Yes
Open Until FilledYes