- Prince George's Community College
- Location: Largo, Maryland
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 06/23/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleProject Manager
DepartmentOffice of Strategy and Project Management
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Hiring Salary Range$78,039-$85,843/Annually
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
The Project Manager plays a key role within the College’s Project Management and Strategy Office which aids the College in achieving its strategic objectives. He/she applies demonstrated expertise in project management to initiate, plan, manage, monitor and deliver high-quality, cross-functional projects within time, scope and fiscal constraints. The Project Manager produces project documentation (charters, plans, estimates, resource plans, status reports, etc.) to monitor and regularly report project/portfolio status to administrators and management. The position consults, coaches and/or mentors College personnel, to promote a consistent project management approach; and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders, and third-party vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, IT, project management, or related field from an accredited institution.
- Hands-on expertise in project management methodology and techniques, including, but not limited to, project initiation, scope, schedule, cost, quality, resource, communications, risk, and stakeholder management.
- Two (2) or more years of experience leading large, cross-functional project teams as a project manager.
- A minimum of 2 years – five (5) years or more preferred – of experience working on project teams while supporting project planning and delivery, and business analysis.
- Active PMP (or CAPM) certification preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of supervisory or leadership experience required.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Plan and manage projects on behalf of the College.
- Define the scope of assigned projects in collaboration with the Senior Director and stakeholders at all levels; create detailed work plans that identify and sequence the activities and major milestones needed to successfully complete the project; determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the projects; develop a schedule for project completion; and define project success criteria.
- With the Senior Director, recruit, interview and select staff and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for project activities; manage project staff and/or volunteers according to the College’s established policies and practices.
- Execute projects according to the established project plans.
- Establish and maintain repositories for the secure documentation of project files.
- Manage and track project progress and make necessary adjustments to help ensure successful completion.
- Establish project communication plans to ensure timely stakeholder updates.
- Regularly view project quality to help achieve expected standards.
- Develop status reports and management presentations for recurring briefings and updates to project teams and management.
- Lead the delivery of projects which are on-time, within budget and at the required level of quality; assess and report performance against success criteria (e.g., stakeholder satisfaction, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable.documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Is Background Check Required?Yes
Open Until FilledYes