- Gogebic Community College
- Location: Ironwood, United States
- Category: Admin-Registrars
- Posting Date: 07/02/2020
- Application Deadline: 08/03/2020
Gogebic Community College seeks candidates for a full-time Registrar at our Ironwood, Michigan campus. The salary range for this position is $51,958-$71,542. The Registrar is responsible for all aspects of the student academic records and implements policies governing those records. This position also implements the transfer process for students transferring into and out of Gogebic Community College, performs transfer course equivalencies, reviews program guides, and is the college’s key contact for transfer and articulation agreements. Additional duties include serving as a Student Services mentor/advisor, the Veteran’s Certifying Official, and maintaining the computerized Advising Module. The Registrar reports to the Vice President of Student Services. It is important that there is recognition, acceptance, and adherence to the community college mission and philosophy from our candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of management and maintenance of academic transcripts and student records.
- Determination of academic standing and degree candidacy.
- Oversee and maintain the Jenzabar advising module.
- Maintain the Michigan Transfer Agreement process and website.
- Coordinate and implement formal articulation agreements with intermediate school districts, colleges, and universities.
- Act as the liaison for transfer offices at colleges and universities on course equivalencies.
- Student Services mentor including academic advising.
- Serve on various college committees including the Curriculum Committee.
- Evaluate incoming transcripts, as well as requests for prior work experience learning.
- Participate in campus activities related to student success and retention.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Significant experience in database management, web-based registration, and report analysis.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing, experience with presentations, and customer service.
- Work independently with an excellent level of accuracy and detail.
- Use good, independent judgment in handling sensitive and difficult situations.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a Registrar’s Office required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use a computer; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds frequently. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions and regularly works near video display. This position requires some day travel and some overnight travel. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position does require some evening hours.
Don’t just work here... Live here.
About Our College:
Gogebic Community College is more than a place to work. It’s a place to be.
As an Aspen Award finalist and the premier provider of quality two-year education in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, Gogebic employs a community college approach in delivering university-level quality.
Gogebic supports more than 1,000 students with small class sizes and an outcome-focused philosophy.
Gogebic Community College’s “Go BOLD” motto prescribes a dynamic environment in which students and employees alike are supported as they do great work, live adventurous lives, and build extraordinary futures.
About Our Region:
A few miles north of ordinary lies the Upper Peninsula’s Gogebic region.
Amid nearly a million acres of natural beauty in the Ottawa National Forest, Gogebic is a wonderland for work and a paradise for play. Our dazzling region, known for world-class fishing, hiking, skiing, biking, snowmobiling and outdoor adventuring, represents one of Michigan’s last unspoiled gems.
A Bold Place to Work…
- Gogebic is more than a community college… It’s a college community—known for supportive leadership and dynamic, down-to-earth employees.
- A community institution at the heart of our region’s workforce, the College and its graduates uplift not only local economies, but those throughout Michigan, and beyond.
- Combining high standards with a “serving the top 100%” approach, Gogebic Community College is a place to make a stand for your career…and make a difference in the lives of students.
A Bold Place to Ski…
- Gogebic Community College is the only college in the United States hosting an on-campus ski resort. Home to GCC’s nationally renowned Ski Area Management program, the Mt. Zion Recreational Complex is a professionally managed and maintained public ski facility featuring a state-of-the-art lift and 300 feet of vertical.
A Bold Place to Be…
- The Gogebic region provides a stunning, million-acre backdrop on which to explore adventure, connect with nature, and discover yourself.
- Located four hours from the Twin Cities and six hours from Chicago, Gogebic residents get the best of both worlds: small-town connectedness, with access to big-city culture.
- Local hiking, biking, skiing, and snowboarding trails include the North Country Trail and the famed 1,200-mile Iron Belle Trail, as well as routes traversing Black River Harbor, the Porcupine Mountains, Sylvania wilderness, and the Ottawa National Forest.
- With a persistent economy driven by a mix of construction, manufacturing, tourism, transportation, and retail, the region boasts a stable workforce, with skilled positions paying living wages.
Gogebic Community College is a learning community that contributes to academic, cultural, economic, and social success for our students and region.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Interested individuals should submit a portfolio containing:
a letter of interest
a detailed resume
three references that include current contact information
unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required before employment)
other relevant material to:
Ashley Paquette, Director of Human Resources
E4946 Jackson Road
Ironwood, MI 49938
(906) 932-4231 ext. 324
Gogebic Community College is an equal opportunity educator and employer.