Coordinator 2, Communications
- Salt Lake Community College
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Category: Admin-Public Relations, Marketing and Communications
- Posting Date: 07/09/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleCoordinator 2, Communications
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Director of Strategic Communications & Public Relations
Position TypeNew position
Starting Salary$41,928 - $47,169
Job Open Date07/09/2020
Open Until FilledYes
Priority Review Date07/23/2020
The communications coordinator will support and implement strategic communications initiatives targeting both internal and external audiences that align with current and future college priorities.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Work collaboratively with other marketing team members to create and develop communications strategies and tactics that encourage engagement with college information and strategic priorities across integrated communications platforms, including print, social media, digital, etc.
Work closely with the marketing management team, creative studio, digital team and other disciplines to effectively implement strategic tactics and campaigns that integrate with college branding and marketing efforts and achieve targeted goals.
Specific work activities include researching, interviewing, writing, editing, fact checking and message development of college-related content that will be used in marketing and communications channels in support of both individual project and large-scale communications plans.
Provide support to the public relations team, including, but not limited to, the production of press releases, speeches, blog posts, op-eds, memos and correspondence that highlights the college’s workplace culture, strengths and impacts.
Manage appropriate departmental expectations, communications, conflict resolution and compliance on deliverables.
Measure and assess communication efforts on a regular basis and adapt tools and strategies, as needed.
Perform other related duties and/or responsibilities as assigned or required.
Superior writing, editing and communication skills. Collaborative and relationship-focused working style.
Demonstrated experience in the management and implementation of public relations strategies and tactics, as well as broad and integrated communication skills in web and social media platforms.
Strong command of Associated Press style.
Familiarity with higher education institutions preferred.
Spokesperson experience, magazine writing experience. Social media content development
Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, communications or a related field.
Two (2)- Four (4) years experience in a fast-paced editorial environment with strong relationship and project management skills. Experience in an account management role.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Must be a skilled communicator with a keen attention for detail and deadlines.
• Must be highly skilled in message development.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and track, prioritize and measure performance.
• Must have a solid understanding of public relations and marketing principles and must be able to develop and implement communications plans
• Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College.
• Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Full consideration will be given to applicants who apply on or before the priority review date indicated above.
• More information about Salt Lake Community College benefits: http://i.slcc.edu/hr/docs/benefits-summary-current.pdf
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.