Director of Financial Aid
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College
- Location: Paducah, Kentucky
- Category: Admin-Financial Aid
- Posting Date: 07/29/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Department: Financial Aid
The Director of Financial Aid is a full-time contract staff position responsible to the Vice President of Business Affairs. The position provides overall leadership and oversight to the college wide financial aid operations, to include: developing and implementing policies and procedures; monitoring compliance with state, federal and institutional guidelines; and insuring quality service for students.
*Internal candidate under consideration
- Provides leadership and supervision to college financial aid staff, to include: hiring, mentoring, and evaluating performance.
- Provides counseling and assistance to students with regard to various types of educational funding, probation and suspension, satisfactory academic progress for financial aid, SAP appeals, return to Title IV issues, completion of forms, consortium agreements.
- Acts as a liaison for students with other internal and external offices.
- Provides updates and assistance with student and PeopleSoft problems; provides technical assistance for various computer programs; works with other offices in reconciliation processes, cancellation, and registration
- Monitors and ensures procedural consistency and compliance.
- Monitors and identifies potential problems to student's financial aid. Assigns specific reports to staff for completion as needed. Works with staff on campus to identify reports, materials or supplies needed to function efficiently.
- Determines loan eligibility, counsels previous loan recipients on repayment issues, and acts as liaison for recipients with Dept. of Ed and various state and loan servicing and collection agencies.
- Conducts financial aid presentations for various groups, hosts external financial aid workshops on campus. Works with area high school and outside agency counselors. Serves as local representative on various KASFAA committees.
1. Bachelor's degree (Business, Accounting, Student Personnel, or related field), and three years related experience, or equivalent. Masters degree preferred.
2. Minimum two years of demonstrated supervisory experience.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of federal financial aid regulations.
4. Excellent communication and organizational skills and dependability.
5. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access
- Resume (please upload)
West Kentucky Community & Technical College (WKCTC), recognized as a top 10 community college in the nation by The Aspen Institute for five times and twice as a Finalist with Distinction, invites applications for the position of Director of Financial Aid. WKCTC is a comprehensive community college that provides excellence in teaching and learning, promotes student success, and supports economic development.
Close Date: 07/31/2020
Shift Type: 1st
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Assignment Period: 12 month contract
Degree Type: Bachelors
Salary Type: Exempt
Salary Upper: $52,000
Salary Lower: $52,000