- Tarrant County College District
- Location: Fort Worth, Texas
- Category: Admin-Business And Financial Management
- Posting Date: 08/04/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
This field only applies to Faculty
Commensurate with education and experience
DT Small Business Dev Center
Advises clients in business principals and specific areas of business management. Guidance includes assisting clients with business planning, accounting, market research, sources of capital, human resource issues and other areas to increase business viability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of programs designed to advise clients in business management.
• Provides one-on-one counseling to assist clients with business management, fiscal management, and planning skills. Assist in solving contemporary marketing problems and issues.
• Work with established businesses in addressing their changing business management needs.
• Develops a client database, establishes a reporting system, and generates narrative and statistical reports on the activities and progress of clients.
• Instruct and coach beginning enterprises whose knowledge of the business arena may be in the early stages of development.
• Assists the director with strategic plans designed to promote the growth of the program.
• Assist companies to improve sales management processes or advise on financial accounting and reporting procedures.
• Facilitates seminars and assist in marketing the program through speaking to outside groups.
• Performs other SBDC related duties as assigned by the Director
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university and six (6) years of experience with business management counseling/advising
• Must be able to work effectively in a collaboration oriented and diverse workplace
• Must be flexible, adaptable and able to manage multiple priorities
• Must understand and be committed to the mission, vision and values of the Tarrant County College District and the goals of the Small Business Administration SBDC program
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university and four (4) years of related experience in emphasis in business management counseling/advising
• Direct work experience with small businesses
• Knowledge of U.S. Small Business Administration assistance programs
• Experience in establishing economic development, community and business relationship
• Verifiable proficiency in standard software programs, especially business accounting and spreadsheet applications
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience with computerized systems
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is a grant-funded position, the expiration date on the funding will be no later than September 30, 2021.
This is a full time position with full benefits according to TCCD benefit guidelines.