Associate Dean of Academic and Workforce Instruction
- Grayson College
- Location: Denison, Texas
- Category: Executive-Dean-Education
- Posting Date: 08/12/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Provides leadership and assists in managing division operations and instructional programming of the Academic and Workforce Divisions of Grayson College. Works under broad administrative direction with significant responsibility in planning, organizing, and managing services associated with academic advising and career planning and provides oversight and coordination for degree, certificate, and auxiliary programs and support services.
The starting salary range for this position is $74,433.92 to $83,738.16 per year.
- 25% Assists with overall division management to include but not limited to grant supervision (such as Perkins) and assistance in the hiring, supervising, and evaluating of division faculty and staff as assigned.
- 25% Coordinates instructional programming and curriculum.
- 20% Promotes robust partnerships with industry and other key stakeholders.
- 15% Provides leadership in developing flexible program and course delivery options for the division.
- 10% Assists in division-level planning, budget development, and budget management.
- 5% Performs other duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates the Viking Values of balance, clarity, gratitude, service, teamwork, and trust.
- Demonstrates leadership skills; fosters a positive and professional working environment.
- Creates and maintains effective relationships with students, faculty, staff, and community members.
- Promotes the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Represents Grayson College in a positive manner on campus and in the community.
- Serves as a positive role model for students.
- Enforces college policies.
- Advances the community college vision and mission.
- Complies with all state and federal laws and regulations regarding higher education.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
- A Master's degree is required;A Doctorate degree is preferred.
- Five to ten years of similar or related experience is required. Experience must include successful teaching and administrative experiences in a community college, technical school, university, or corporate technical education programs.
- Must demonstrate solid leadership skills; the ability to provide constructive feedback and lead a team to achieve goals.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are required.
- Must have excellent time management, organizational and computer software skills.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact.
- Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or can be of a personal or sensitive nature.
- Work involves motivating or influencing others.
- Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
This position requires original transcripts and three professional references. This position is considered a security sensitive position and will require a criminal background check.
GRAYSON COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION PROVIDING EDUCATIONAL AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ON THE BASIS OF MERIT AND WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, GENDER, AGE, DISABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The employer actively supports the Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations. For more information, please contact the human resources office at 903-463-8770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.