Tutor II - PT Flex
- College of Lake County
- Location: Grayslake, Illinois
- Category: Admin-Tutors and Learning Resources
- Posting Date: 08/13/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleTutor II - PT Flex
DepartmentTutoring Center, GLC
Position TypePart-Time Flex
Job FamilyPart-Time Flex
The College of Lake County is looking for qualified Tutors for the Tutor II position. The Tutor II will provide tutorial support to CLC students in one or more of the following multiple areas – Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Accounting, and Computer Applications and Programming.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of college experience.
- Expertise in one of the following disciplines-Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Accounting, or Computer Applications and Programming.
- The ability to communicate and interact effectively with students of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
-Experience tutoring or teaching.
Special Instructions Summary
-The applicant pool will remain open for six months and individuals will be contacted as vacancies occur. This can occur at any point throughout the six months.
-When the position closes and is re-posted, applicants will need to re-apply to be considered.
-An interview with the math center coordinator and math center faculty coordinators will determine if you are qualified and what areas you will tutor.
-This is a part-time flex position and employment shall be on an at-will basis, the duration of which shall be in accordance with the needs of the College of Lake County.
-Part-time flex employees are not eligible to participate in any benefits program at the College, including tuition reimbursement, tuition waiver, health insurance or paid time off.
Total Hours per week4-12
Software Testing RequiredNone
Interview Process RequirementsNone
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V