Stagecraft Instructor - Adjunct
- Yuba Community College District
- Location: Marysville, California
- Category: Faculty-Engineering-Other Engineering
- Posting Date: 08/14/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job TitleStagecraft Instructor - Adjunct
LocationYuba College - Marysville, CA.
• Develop and deliver instructional lectures and labs for technical theatre
• Prepare and complete course syllabi and outlines
• Use appropriate teaching methods to facilitate student learning
• Assess students according to methods described in the Course Outline of Record and submit final grades by the semester’s grade submission deadline
• Teach courses as assigned to meet student and department production needs, which may include day, evening, and weekend classes, rehearsals and performances.
• Assess Student Learning Outcomes every semester
• Communicate with the theatre director and designers regarding production requirements and needs
• Attend production meetings as required
• Provide supervision of student crews in the building of set, costumes, props, lighting, and sound, and in performance as required.
• Engage in collaborative, creative practice in the design development of production
• Facilitate an assessable, learning-by-doing, student focused learning environment.
• Participation in department, division, and college-wide initiatives and committees is not required but welcomed and encouraged.
Essential Duties Summary
• Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
Teach, lead and supervise student crews.
Develop and deliver instructional lectures and labs for technical theatre
Prepare and complete course syllabi and outlines
Teach and ensure safe working practices in the theatre and workshop.
Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Minimum Qualifications for stagecraft instructor are:
• Any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience,
• Any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
• OR the equivalent.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in design, building, sound, lighting, and knowledge of safe rigging practices,
Candidates with demonstrated understanding of health and safety protocols for the theatre are desired.
Candidates with experience in video creation, video projection, DMX lighting protocols and audio/video signal distribution are highly desired.
Comfortable working at heights above six feet, including walking on high cat walk spaces above the auditorium
Bending, stooping, kneeling, & crawling
Pushing, pulling, guiding materials
Stand, walk on unstable surface
Lifting greater than 50 lbs.
Assemble, connect small objects
Reaching retrieving work materials
Guiding power tools
Operate equipment controls, levers and buttons
Work near moving objects
Exposure to fumes, noise, extreme temperatures, sharp objects
Ability to work a flexible schedule according to production needs including weekends and nights.
Range/StepRange/Step: Step 1 - Step 7 (Based on degree and teaching experience)
Salary RangeSalary/Range: $47.74 - $79.54/Lecture Rate Per Hour
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application includes the following: Academic Application, Resume, Transcripts, EEO Statement, up to (3) current letters of recommendation and a Cover Letter/Letter of Interest.
To apply for an Equivalency, please download a Equivalency Determination Application, Equivalency Statement, and Procedure from YCCD’s website: www.yccd.edu/forms