Adjunct Human Services Instructor
- Yuba Community College District
- Location: Marysville, California
- Category: Faculty-Liberal Arts-Social Work
- Posting Date: 08/14/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job TitleAdjunct Human Services Instructor
Basic Function: The person selected will be expected to:
•Teach the range of Human Services courses in the Yuba Community College District curriculum;
• Prepare course syllabi and outlines;
• Assist with the development and maintenance of the human services curriculum, including transfer/articulation agreements with colleges and universities; develop and assess course and program level SLOs;
• Teach day, evening, and/or weekend teaching assignments primarily at Yuba College
• Work cooperatively with staff in related disciplines;
• Some participation in department, division, and college-wide committees and meetings;
• Participate in the shared-governance process;
• Assist with developing program reviews, annual updates and other reports that contribute to the YCCD Continuous Quality Improvement Model;
• Attend required meetings and maintain positive relationships with the area Alcohol and Drug Studies and Human Services Communities and Advisory Committees;
• Assist with supervise of student interns and intern sites as necessary
• Attend relevant college meetings pertaining to the Human Services/Addiction Studies program
Essential Duties Summary
Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
The successful candidate, by the final filing date, must possess the minimum qualifications for instructors in the various disciplines listed below at California Community Colleges:
• Master’s in Social Work, Human Services, Psychology, Sociology, Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, OR
• The equivalent (A previously approved YCCD Equivalency in one of the disciplines listed above) OR
• Possess a California Community College life credential in the subject matter areas listed above.
• Previous teaching experience that provide the candidate with the ability to teach a broad range of human services courses; and
• Minimum two years experience in field work, direct service provision.
Range/StepRange /Step: Step 1 - Step 7 (Based on degree and teaching experience)
Salary RangeSalary Range: $47.07 – $78.42/Lecture Rate Per Hour
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application includes the following: Academic Application, resume, transcripts, EEO Statement, up to (3) current letters of recommendation and a cover letter/letter of interest.