Adjunct English Instructor
- Yuba Community College District
- Location: Marysville, California
- Category: Faculty-Liberal Arts-English And Literature
- Posting Date: 08/14/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job TitleAdjunct English Instructor
LocationYuba College - Marysville, CA.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: The person selected will be expected to:
• Organize and teach any courses offered in the English program
• Prepare complete course syllabi and outlines
• Work with the English Department to develop and maintain a relevant community college curriculum, and assist in facilitating appropriate transfer/articulation agreements with four-year colleges and universities
• Facilitate student learning by working to develop every student’s abilities and by designing varied learning environments, which may include laboratory, distance learning (interactive television, online), and accelerated courses
• Teach courses as assigned to meet student needs, which may include day, evening, and weekend classes
• Work with staff in related academic support programs
• Be committed to, and participate in, the shared-governance process
Essential Duties Summary
Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate, by the final filing date, must possess the minimum qualifications for instructors in English at California Community Colleges:
• Master’s Degree in English, literature, comparative literature, or composition OR
• Bachelor’s in any of the above AND Master’s in linguistics, TESL, speech, education with a specialization in reading, creative writing, or journalism OR
• The equivalent OR
• Possess a California Community College life credential in the subject matter area of English
• Previous teaching, employment, or student experiences that provide the candidate with the ability to successfully teach composition, grammar, reading, critical thinking or literature courses.
• Background in the use of technology in the classroom/laboratory setting
• Previous teaching experience utilizing distributive education (interactive television, online, etc.)
• Experience working with a Writing Center
Range/StepRange /Step: Step 1 - Step 7 (Based on degree and teaching experience)
Salary RangeSalary Range: $47.07 – $78.42/Lecture Rate Per Hour
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application includes the following: Academic Application, Resume, Transcripts, EEO Statement, up to (3) current letters of recommendation and a Cover Letter/Letter of Interest.