Adjunct DSP&S (Disabled Students Programs & Services) Counselor
- Yuba Community College District
- Location: Marysville, California
- Category: Faculty-Education-Counselor Education
- Posting Date: 08/14/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job TitleAdjunct DSP&S (Disabled Students Programs & Services) Counselor
Under the supervision of the assigned Dean, the Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSP&S) Counselor will assist with the implementation of services for students with disabilities to participate fully in their planning and participation in postsecondary education. The Counselor may be required to teach specialized classes, provide workshops, and maintain student files and other duties requiring access and or accommodations for students.
Essential Duties Summary
Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
The successful candidate, by the date of hire, must possess the minimum qualifications for instructors in Counseling:
Disabled Students Programs and Services at California Community Colleges: (All degrees and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications must be from accredited institutions.)
• Master’s degree, or the equivalent foreign degree, in rehabilitation counseling, OR
• Master’s degree, or the equivalent foreign degree in special education, AND 24 or more semester units in upper division or graduate level course work in counseling, guidance, student personnel, psychology, or social work; OR
• A master’s degree in counseling, guidance, student personnel, psychology, career development, or social welfare; AND either 12 or more semester units in upper division or graduate level course work specifically in counseling or rehabilitation of individuals with disabilities, OR two years of full-time experience, or the equivalent in one or more of the following:
• Counseling or guidance for students with disabilities; or
• Counseling and/or guidance in industry, government, public agencies, military or private social welfare organizations in which the responsibilities of the position were predominantly or exclusively for persons with disabilities.
Range/StepRange /Step: Step 1 - Step 7 (Based on degree and teaching experience)
Salary RangeSalary Range: $47.07 – $78.42/Lecture Rate Per Hour
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete online application includes the following: Academic Application, resume, transcripts, EEO Statement, up to (3) current letters of recommendation and a cover letter/letter of interest.