Adjunct EOP&S/CARE Counselor for Yuba College
- Yuba Community College District
- Location: Marysville, California
- Category: Faculty-Education-Counselor Education
- Posting Date: 08/14/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job TitleAdjunct EOP&S/CARE Counselor for Yuba College
Under the direction and supervision of the EOPS-CARE Director/Dean of Student Services, or designee, the EOPS-CARE Counselor provides academic, career, personal, and crisis counseling; assesses placement tests; develops educational plans; guides students through basic skills, general education, and transfer coursework; implements an academic progress report and follow-up process; facilitates support for the EOPS-CARE students and collaborates with the implementation of the Student Success and Support Program from a categorical program perspective; and, works closely and collaboratively with the EOPS-CARE Supervisor and staff.
Essential Duties Summary
Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
QUALIFICATIONS: EOPS Counselors are those persons designated by the community college to serve as academic counselors in the EOPS program and must possess:
• Possess a master’s degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development,
• OR the equivalent AND have completed a minimum of nine (9) semester units of college course work predominantly relating to ethnic minorities or persons handicapped by language, social or economic disadvantage OR have completed six (6) semester units or the equivalent of a college-level counseling practicum or counseling field-work courses in a community college EOP&S program, or in a program dealing predominantly with ethnic minorities or persons handicapped by language social, or economic disadvantages AND have two (2) years of occupational experience in work relating to ethnic minorities or persons handicapped by language, social or economic disadvantages.
Range/StepStep 1 - Step 7 (Based on degree and teaching experience)
Salary Range$47.07 – $78.42/Lecture Rate Per Hour
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application includes the following: Academic Application, resume, transcripts, EEO Statement, up to (3) current letters of recommendation and a cover letter/letter of interest.
Note: For complete salary schedule information, please visit www.yccd.edu, Human Resources, and Salary Schedules.