Adjunct Office Administration Instructor
- Yuba Community College District
- Location: Marysville, California
- Category: Faculty-Engineering-Other Engineering
- Posting Date: 08/14/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job TitleAdjunct Office Administration Instructor
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under the general supervision of the Division Dean, provide instruction in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, class schedules, and Governing Board policies; evaluate progress of students concerning educational matters, develop and assess student learning outcomes, and perform other instructional duties as assigned.
Essential Duties Summary
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Organize and instruct classes in the Business Division possibly including but not limited to Beginning and Advanced Levels of Keyboarding and Word Processing, Filing, Machine Calculations, General and Advanced Office Procedures, Legal Office Procedures, Medical Office Procedures, and Medical Word Processing
• Provide effective classroom and laboratory instruction using methods and materials appropriate to the subject matter
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Comply with all institutional policies and procedures
• Facilitate student learning by using appropriate teaching methods
• Work effectively and professionally with colleagues and members of the college community
• Maintain currency and depth of knowledge in assigned area of responsibility
• Be committed to and participate in the shared governance process
Demonstrated evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate, by the final filing date, must possess the minimum qualifications for instructors in Business as governed by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office: (All degrees and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications must be from accredited institutions.)
• Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience
• Must have competency in all areas of applied business technology courses normally taught in a community college or in the first two years of a university
• Must be flexible in the acceptance of new and changing teaching assignments.
• Must have the ability not only to adjust teaching skills to meet varying needs of the community and changing student interests but must also have the ability to organize and implement programs to meet these needs.
Range/StepStep 1 - Step 7 (Based on degree and teaching experience)
Salary Range$47.07 – $78.42/Lecture Rate Per Hour
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application includes the following: Online Academic Application, resume, transcripts, EEO Statement, up to (3) current letters of recommendation and a cover letter/letter of interest.