Director of Career & Experiential Education
- Mount St. Joseph University
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Category: Admin-Career Counseling and Placement
- Posting Date: 08/18/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
The Career & Experiential Education Center (CEEC), in collaboration with other closely coupled offices, is charged with providing transformative development experiences by integrating work, study, and student life to produce career-ready graduates with knowledge and practical skills necessary to enter the professional workforce or graduate school. The Director will provide leadership to strategic initiatives, stay abreast of contemporary issues facing college career services, and incorporate innovative and effective techniques into programmatic offerings and business processes.
Develops, administers, and evaluates the policies and programs in the CEEC, including the functional areas of: career development & consultation services, cooperative education, prior learning assessment, service learning and civic engagement, health professions advising, and Servant Leadership Scholars Program. Oversees and provides support to Education @ Work, and the Student Philanthropy Program.
- Work collaboratively to provide leadership and vision in the establishment of policies and procedures to effectively deliver comprehensive programs. Determine short term, annual, and long range planning initiatives in consultation with administration and all department staff members.
- Maintain supervisory responsibilities including hiring, performance management, and job description review.
- Maintain regular and effective communication with CEEC department staff.
- Conduct annual goal setting and performance evaluations for CEEC staff members.
- Initiate and encourage staff growth and development.
- Assure financial viability of all programs. Develop and administer the annual budget for all programs. Write proposals supporting funding requests.
- Oversee and monitor CEEC grants to ensure goal attainment as well as accurate and timely reporting.
- Support the core curriculum requirement of experiential education as needed.
- Establish and assess student-learning outcomes, which flow from participation in the programs and services provided by the CEEC.
- Provide to administration and university community current information about employment trends, developing career opportunities, impact on curriculum planning and feedback concerning students’ professional achievements.
- Develop and nurture employer relationships via strategic marketing and relationship management efforts.
- Maintain partnership with GC3 and Promark.
- Convene meetings of the Co-op Advisory Board bi-annually, develop agendas, recruit members and solicit input and involvement.
- Conduct research, gather data, produce reports, and share this information with administration and university community. (E.g. Graduate Employment Survey, Co-op employer updates and salary reports, Talent Opportunity Program participation, etc.)
- Establish the CED course schedule, hire instructors, and provide leadership to establish consistent learning outcomes and curriculum content.
- Teach and develop Career and Experiential Education courses as necessary.
- Oversee the planning, coordination and implementation of annual programming for all departments.
- Manage the effective and efficient use of technology in all Center operations and marketing efforts.
- Submit an Annual Report.
- Conduct ongoing assessment in order to identify areas of strengths and weaknesses. Submit assessment data as requested.
- Serve on University Committees as assigned.
- Contribute to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; explore new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; help others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
CEEC staff; Associate Provost for Academic Support, employer community, university faculty and staff; students; registrar, vendors, student workers and other members of the university community
Professional staff members and one support staff member.
Reports to the Associate Provost for Academic Support
Minimum of five years of related experience, at least two years of supervisory experience.
Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, career center technology and computer assisted career guidance.
- A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Exhibit a student orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and student needs and expectations; anticipate and identify student, faculty and employer needs
- Available for evening and weekend work as necessary
- Communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with others to achieve common office, division, or university goals
- Willingly assist in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Academic Support Division as required during high service demand times
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty, employers, and co-workers, maintaining appropriate level of professionalism
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- Must possess strong communication skills and strengths in public speaking
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Must possess aptitude and desire for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office.
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
Standing or sitting in one position for long periods; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with constant service interruptions; high level customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work, and travel to visit employers and prospective organizations.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer