- Barry University
- Location: Orlando, Florida
- Category: Executive-Dean-Education
- Posting Date: 08/24/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Barry University School of Law is currently seeking Dean's Fellows. The Dean's Fellow is a part-time temporary student position working 5-10 hours per week. The Dean's Fellow is responsible for teaching study and learning skills to other students, and devising and modeling study strategies to enable students to master the subject matter of their courses. Act as mentor and role model to new students to ease the transition into law school.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct weekly workshops and/or office hours using students' doctrinal subjects to teach study skills. Conduct individual meetings with students to counsel them on improving or enhancing their study skills. Act as liaison between students and professors regarding targeted approaches for teaching study skills in the context of specific course material.
- Serve as a Dean's Fellow Student Mentor to incoming 1L students. Initiate and maintain contact with assigned student each semester. Attend various activities and other program events.
- Market Academic Success Program on campus; p articipate in orientation activities and other program events; perform other administrative tasks as assigned by Director.
- Record weekly billable hours worksheet describing work and time spent performing duties for future program planning; study and review Dean's Fellow Handbook and other assigned resources to master responsibilities and academic success pedagogy.
- Must be a Barry Law 2L or 3L student
- Less than 1 year related experience required
- Position requires highest level of professionalism, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Ability to assist students with legal analysis/exam writing skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word; knowledge of online webcourses; Westlaw/Lexis
- P rofessional oral and written skills; email correspondence
- Exhibit friendly and positive attitude towards others; enthusiasm for Academic Success Program; professionalism
- Ability to effectively teach/communicate study skills .
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Benefits: Barry University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, tuition assistance, paid time off and work/life balance initiatives such as wellness programs, spirituality in the workplace, and training and development.
Barry University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.