Director of Institutional Research
- Pittsburg State University
- Location: Pittsburgh, Kansas
- Category: Admin-Institutional Research and Planning
- Posting Date: 08/24/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Pittsburg State University is accepting applications for a Director of Institutional Research and Planning. The position plans perform traditional institutional research functions such as interpreting and disseminating data for appropriate internal and external audiences, ensuring compliance with reporting requirements for accrediting bodies, the Kansas Board of Regents, and governmental entities. They will also support the University’s strategic planning process and monitoring process.
Duties and Responsibilities
75% Institutional Research (Essential):
Provide data and information to enhance institutional planning and decision making (e.g., student enrollment and success, faculty workload, staffing and hiring patterns, etc.). Ensure accuracy and timely compliance in IPEDS reporting. Coordinate preparation to assure accuracy and timeliness of KBOR reports and KSPSD data submissions. Maintain the Common Dataset. Compile, review for accuracy, and submit US News and other similar external data requests when appropriate (serve as point of contact for such requests). Conduct ad hoc studies to support institutional initiatives. Develop and maintain internal and external web site presence and access to institutional research data for key stakeholders. Provide relevant data for program review.
10% Committee Service:
Chair the Data Governance Committee . Serve as a member of the University. Committee on Student Learning . Represent the Office of Register on other committees, as assigned by the Provost or Registrar.
5% Strategic Planning (Essential):
Work with university leadership on development and periodic review of the institution’s strategic plan. Monitor implementation of the strategic plan and report on progress. Serve on committees as assigned by the Registrar. Provide training to unit leaders in preparation of unit planning documents as required. Provide content for Annual Executive Summary for President.
5% Accreditation Activities (Essential):
Prepare the Annual Institutional Data Update. Serve on Higher Learning Commission Accreditation Committee. Provide support for HLC accreditation activities as needed.
5% Other Duties as Assigned (Essential):
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience
Required Education and Experience at Hire -
- Master’s Degree
- 3 or more years institutional research or related experience that demonstrates proficiency in:
- Analyzing data using statistical software applications (e.g., SPSS or SAS).
- Research design and methodology in an academic setting.
- Presenting complex data in different formats appropriate for the targeted audience.
Preferred Education and Experience -
- Experience working with accrediting agencies (institutional and discipline specific),
- Experience overseeing major institutional surveys projects
- Experience meeting external reporting requirements (e.g., IPEDS, governing boards)
- Experience supporting strategic planning and program review processes
Screening Services (Background Checks): Employment with Pittsburg State University is contingent on a satisfactory criminal background check.
Job Type: Unclassified; Non-Tenure Earning
Appointment Duration: 12 months
Work Schedule: Full Time – Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Application Documents Required*:
- Cover letter
- Names and Contact Details (title, phone and email) for Three (3) Professional References, including a current or former supervisor.
*Consolidate into a maximum of 2 to upload.
Search Committee Chair: Melinda Roelfs (email@example.com)
First Consideration Date: August 28, 2020 (11:59 pm)
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
PSU will only accept applications submitted through this process.