Director, Institutional Research, Planning and Assessment (IRPA)
- University of Montevallo
- Location: Montevallo, Alabama
- Category: Admin-Institutional Research and Planning
- Posting Date: 08/24/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
The purpose of this position is to provide leadership for the administration of institutional research, planning, and assessment activities. Manage and oversee the collection, analysis, and reporting of official University data, in support of strategic planning, institutional effectiveness, and accreditation. Ensure institutional data archives are maintained.
1. Develop and maintain a comprehensive institutional research program to include collection, analysis, and distribution of data to support institutional planning and decision-making, including assessment of instructional academic programs and student outcomes assessment.
2. Provides consultation to academic programs and administrative offices in the design of measurable outcomes, the delivery of assessment instruments, and the analysis, interpretation, and reporting of data used for the assessment of academic programs, including the general education curriculum and competencies, the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP), and other programs.
3. Reviews institutional effectiveness results and plans for improvement; works with faculty, staff, and administration to revise their reports as needed to ensure continuous improvement. Collaborates with campus offices to organize and deliver assessment workshops, provide assessment resources, and mentor individuals regarding specific assessment needs.
4. Ensure the integrity of data, analysis, and reporting methodologies. Supervise all data and reporting activities and ensure that information is reliable and unbiased. Oversee the development of responses to internal and external data requests.
5. Establish and manage the University of Montevallo’s official statistical data repository.
6. Supply data and statistical reports in support of strategic management, accreditation and other University assessment requirements.
7. Identify sources of data and coordinate retrieval of data.
8. Maintain the University’s mandatory federal and state reporting data.
9. Interpret statistical reports for internal and external stakeholders.
10. Direct the collection, maintenance, and distribution of campus data. Supervise, coordinate, and fulfill all functions related to institutional research and reporting, including external reports, special studies, fact book, and the like.
11. Assist in the support of institution-wide planning and assessment activities, providing consultation in the development and implementation of evaluations for the institution’s strategic plan. Assist the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs to monitor and report on the University strategic plan
12. Provide support for as well as regional and specialized programmatic accreditations. Support Assistant Provost/SACSCOC Liaison in maintaining institutional compliance with SACSCOC Principles of Accreditation pertaining to student outcomes, ensuring that assessments and assessment reports are completed in compliance with the SACSCOC Principles of Accreditation, and troubleshooting and resolving accreditation compliance issues; assists in preparing reports including the Fifth-Year Report, the Decennial Compliance Certification Report, and QEP plan with regard to student outcomes and continuous improvement.
13. Assist in the design, dissemination, and analysis of surveys and other assessment mechanisms.
14. Conduct special studies and prepare ad hoc reports as requested.
15. Serve as consultant and/or liaison to various committees and task forces.
16. Manage the office budget.
17. Provide leadership, evaluate, and supervise direct report in performing duties as charged.
Master’s degree in educational measurement and evaluation, educational research and statistics, or a related field required, doctorate preferred. Formal training in qualitative and quantitative research, assessment, and evaluation theories and practices and experience in the use of assessment in higher education.
Seven years of related experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $64,993.00 - $89,031.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19