Senior Associate Vice Chancellor for Development
- Appalachian State University
- Location: Boone, North Carolina
- Category: Philanthropy-Fundraising-Non-profit
- Posting Date: 08/25/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
* Serve as the Senior Associate Vice Chancellor. * Lead, supervise, and train a team of development directors that represent different areas of the University, while managing her/his portfolio of high-level prospects. * Lead and supervise a prospect management team to ensure prospect portfolios are strong and research is being conducted on top prospects. * Serve as a resource consultant for all development officers to develop joint strategies and solicitations for key major gifts and corporate/foundation prospects with an emphasis on collaboration, teamwork, and open communication. * Provide consultative advice to the Vice Chancellor and senior university administration on advancement issues and direction. * Understand current funding needs of the university and potential funding opportunities of the areas of the university through frequent interface with administrators, deans, development officers, and department heads. * Provide institutional guidance on the pursuit of gifts and the pursuit of grants. * Prepare briefing materials, proposal ideas and solicitation strategies for fundraising calls and oversee the development of promotional brochures and written material in support of specific fundraising activities. * Coordinate advancement efforts by the Appalachian State University Foundation Board of Directors. * Assist the Vice Chancellor by promoting sound fundraising practices using metrics for accountability measurements.
* Bachelor?s degree from an accredited college or University. * Minimum of ten years of senior-level fundraising and high-level administrative experience in higher education or in non-profit organizations, including a successful track record of managing and supervising a team of fundraisers or similar experience commensurate with these qualifications. * Experience managing a portfolio of prospects and a proven track record of closing major gifts.
American Recovery & Reinvestment Act Funded: