Teaching Assistant in Communications
- Strayer University
- Location: Herndon, Virginia
- Category: Faculty-Communications-Other Communications
- Posting Date: 08/26/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
To create the optimal learning environment, the University relies on Teaching Assistants to support instructional faculty by interacting with students in online classrooms that have a large number of students.
We are currently in search of a passionate part-time Teaching Assistant to support our online undergraduate level Communications class for the upcoming Fall quarter starting October 5 2020.
NOTE: Applications must include copies of unofficial transcripts to receive full consideration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze student activity within discussions and assessments and choose the appropriate responses
- Accurately use the right type of responses based upon training and input from the master instructor
- Assist in managing generic student communications
- Utilize online learning platform (Blackboard) to communicate with students
- Escalate unique issues to the master instructor
- Assist with grading
- Monitor engagement levels and provide recommendations on the best approach on how to increase engagement
- Other duties as assigned
- Adhere to university policies and procedures
All degrees must be conferred and from an accredited institution to be considered
- Master’s degree in Communications, English, English Education, or any Master’s degree with at least 18 semester or 27 quarter hours of graduate course work in Communications, English, or English Education, or an equivalent amount of relevant experience.
- Previous teaching experience with adult learners, required
- Exhibits sound judgment in making decisions
- Ability to lead small group discussions
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong computer skills
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Manage potentially stressful situations in a professional and ethical manner
- Strong mental acuity
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strategiced.com.