- Prince George's Community College
- Location: Largo, Maryland
- Category: Admin-Business And Financial Management
- Posting Date: 09/10/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position TitleSenior Accountant
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Hiring Salary RangeSalary Commensurate With Experience
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of an effective financial reporting and internal control program that adequately supports the institution. This includes grants accounting, accounts payable, account reconciliations, journal entries, account creation, and accounting entries for capital improvement projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience, preferably in higher education or public accounting.
- Ability to assess priorities, assign resources and maintain composure and diplomacy at all times.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to proactively manage a variety of projects and timelines; demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and an ability to manage multiple assignments and deliverable.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a culture of excellence, integrity and accountability.
- Superior work ethic and a dedication to the highest work quality and job excellence.
- Experience working with a complex financial management system.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Technical knowledge of accounting principles and procedures which is noted through work experience, preferably at large publicly traded companies and/or public accounting.
- Experience in writing accounting memorandum and performing accounting research.
- Able to perform full cycle general ledger accounting.
- Critical thinker with innate ability to work independently and under stringent deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team member in a multi-cultural environment.
- Documented success as innovator and creative problem solver.
- Ability to work with and provide assistance as necessary during annual audit performed by independent auditors.
- Ability to coordinate and maintain excellent working relationships with campus community and support staff.
- Ability to interpret and analyze data.
- Detail-oriented with analytical skills; able to handle multi-tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong individual with excellent oral and written communication, articulate, detail oriented and accounting research skills.
- Advance level of Microsoft Excel experience and various accounting software, including ERP systems such as Colleague, Banner, PeopleSoft, SAP and Oracle.
- Knowledge of GASB pronouncements.
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.
Is Background Check Required?Yes
Open Until FilledYes
Background Check Statement
A background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.