Adjunct - Instructor, Administration of Justice/Corrections
- San Bernardino Community College District
- Location: San Bernardino, California
- Category: Faculty-Liberal Arts-Criminal Justice
- Posting Date: 09/11/2020
- Application Deadline: 06/30/2021
|SALARY:||$66.00 - $70.00 Hourly|
|DEPARTMENT:||Admin of Justice, Corrections|
|CLOSING DATE:||06/30/21 02:00 PM|
This posting is to establish a pool of qualified applicants for the 2020-2021 academic year for positions at San Bernardino Valley College and Crafton Hills College.
The department may not be actively recruiting. Your application will remain on file for consideration until June 30, 2021. Should the department be interested in interviewing you, you will be contacted by the department with the information provided in your application.
Part-time faculty position teaching courses in Administration of Justice and/or Corrections.
Adjuncts hired to teach for Fall 2020 will teach courses in a remote setting and are strongly encouraged to participate in distance education training provided through the colleges.
The minimum qualifications for disciplines on this list are any bachelor's degree and two years of experience, or any associate degree and six years of experience.
OR the equivalent. *Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements outlined in the posting may submit an Equivalency Request. The Equivalency Request and any additional supporting documents an applicant wishes to be considered must be attached. To download the Equivalency Request Form click here.
Experience that indicates a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and learning disabilities.
Experience teaching Administration of Justice or Corrections courses at the college or professional level.
To be considered a qualified applicant, interested persons must submit ALL of the following documents:
1. Completed San Bernardino Community College District online application. (Do not state "See Resume" on the application form.) Determination of applicants meeting minimum requirements will be based upon information provided in the SBCCD application. Resumes will be reviewed by the committee only after information satisfying minimum requirements have been listed in the SBCCD application. Paper applications will not be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
2. A resume summarizing your educational and professional experience.
3. A cover letter explaining how your experience and background demonstrates that you meet the minimum requirements for the position stated in the posting.
4. Teaching Philosophy of your beliefs about teaching and learning. The statement or description should include examples of how you put your beliefs into practice by including concrete examples of what you do or anticipate doing in the classroom.
5. Unofficial transcripts that show you meet the minimum educational requirement(s) for the position. Only transcripts showing the awarded minimum required degree or higher degree will be accepted. Transcripts must be legible. Transcripts must be from a US accredited institution. Transcripts from outside the US must include an official evaluation for equivalency. Copies of diplomas will not be accepted in lieu of transcripts if the position requires a degree. Official Transcripts will be required upon hire. If possible, please highlight the area indicating the degree name/major and date the degree was awarded or conferred.
All interested parties must apply through the SBCCD employment website to be considered a qualified applicant.
|PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:|
|APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
550 E Hospitality Lane
San Bernardino, CA 92408
ADJUNCT - INSTRUCTOR, ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE/CORRECTIONS