Collegewide Benefits Specialist
- Delaware Technical Community College
- Location: Dover, Delaware
- Category: Admin-Human Resources
- Posting Date: 09/14/2020
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
|Position Title||Collegewide Benefits Specialist|
|Position Type||Regular Full-Time|
|Hiring Location||Office of the President-Dover, DE|
|Contact Phone Number||302-857-1604|
|Contact Email Addressfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Work Location||Office of the President-Dover, DE|
|Position Specific Details||
The incumbent participates in managing the benefits administration at a collegewide level.
This is a regular, full-time position.
|Classification Title||Collegewide Benefits Specialist|
|Job Code||4078 (FT), 4578 (PT)|
|Position Pay Grade||B/C 11|
An incumbent is responsible for providing support for Collegewide benefits administration.
|Nature and Scope||
An incumbent reports to the collegewide benefits manager. Incumbents participate in managing the benefits administration at a collegewide level. Class incumbents provide advice, guidance, and interpretation consistent with applicable laws, rules, policies, and procedures. Typical contacts are virtually all campus employees, staff employees at the Office of the President, State agencies, and vendors. Many contacts, due to the nature, require the exercise of significant tact, discretion, and confidentiality.
An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Manages the benefits administration at a collegewide level including but not limited to data entry (PHRST and vendors) refund/adjustments. Serves as a liaison between employees and vendors in resolving issues related to benefit programs. Researches and resolves benefits-related problems.
2. Provides guidance to campus human resources staff concerning benefits information as it relates to applying and interpreting laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Provides support to campus Human Resources staff and ensures they are kept up-to-date on the latest benefits/pension changes/updates.
3. Provides information to employees relating to the pension rules and regulations. Completes research (payrolls, PDF’s, timesheets, documentation from other agencies, etc.) for Creditable Service Forms and pension applications. Provides pre-retirement, retirement, and post-retirement counseling and application processing for regular, disability, and vested pensions as assigned.
4. Evaluates human resources pension and benefit transactions for accuracy, completeness and use of correct forms.
5. Reconciles employee benefits to vendor’s enrollment list and deduction register.
6. Maintains employee benefits files and records.
7. Provides support to campus human resources staff and creates, maintains, and distributes benefits manuals an operating procedures to campus human resources employees.
8. Generates reports from the PHRST system to insure information is accurate and complete.
9. Performs other related duties as required.
|Knowledge Skills and Abilities||
Knowledge of applicable State, federal and College laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures pertaining to benefits administration.
Associate’s degree in a relevant field and four (4) years of relevant experience; or other equivalent combination of education and experience.
|Number of Vacancies|
|Desired Start Date|
|Position End Date (if temporary)|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Special Applicant Instructions|